10 (16.9%)
Kerry
16 (27.1%)
Mayo
22 (37.3%)

Total Members Voted: 59

Voting closed: August 23, 2014, 01:44:07 PM

Syferus

Conditions are mild at worst. Bit if a swirling wind, nothing major, though.

AZOffaly

Jaysus lads ye are harsh on minors. Let them settle.

Zulu

Do you think AZ? I don't know but we've seen plenty of minor teams in both codes perform at this stage so I'm not sure you can say they haven't settled after a half of football. I hope the comments aren't coming across as harsh as all these boys are fine footballers but they aren't showing it today.

AZOffaly

Settle was the wrong word. I should have said let it play out and see what happens. I agree about the shot selection, particularly from Kerry. Even some of the scores they've kicked were bad shot selections.

Kerry seem to be warming up though.

INDIANA

Quote from: AZOffaly on August 24, 2014, 02:24:47 PM
Settle was the wrong word. I should have said let it play out and see what happens. I agree about the shot selection, particularly from Kerry. Even some of the scores they've kicked were bad shot selections.

Kerry seem to be warming up though.

Mayo are largely playing Donegal-lite. To be fair to Kerry they are trying to play football but they aren't a dream team or anything like it.

AZOffaly

Minors can be hit and miss. They're warming up now, and might finish with a decent score after only having 3 points at half time.

INDIANA

Quote from: AZOffaly on August 24, 2014, 02:35:02 PM
Minors can be hit and miss. They're warming up now, and might finish with a decent score after only having 3 points at half time.

referee has screwed mayo in this game. He's not good enough to ref at this level

galwayman

Kerry look the better team but Mayo hanging in there.
Referee is awful

DuffleKing

Ref is brutal. And have outlawed physical contact. On that penalty decision,  so are his umpires.

He and they will be fast tracked through the senior ranks on this showing

galwayman

The Kerry sub Carey number 18 has been very good

Zulu

Better game now and both teams are much improved. The less said about the ref the better!

Syferus

Quote from: INDIANA on August 24, 2014, 02:35:42 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on August 24, 2014, 02:35:02 PM

referee has screwed mayo in this game. He's not good enough to ref at this level

Just imagine him refereeing a Derrytresk match.

INDIANA

Was Pat Spillane awarding the man of the match award?

Sub for kerry number 18 won them the match.

ck

Was at the game. Was very surprised at how late supporters were coming in considering the minor game had the same teams as senior.
Mayo were well set up but seemed happy to contain Kerry instead of pushing on. Kerry were a league above though when the game went onto melting pot. Some serious players despite a below par first half.

Drummerboy

This ref was officiating at the Colleges B final in Croke Park in April and was very very fussy then. Doesn't seem to understand what is and isn't a legitimate tackle; so any physical contact at all is penalised.