Monaghan v Tyrone - Sunday 15th June - St Tiernach's Park Clones

Started by GrandMasterFlash, May 25, 2014, 12:23:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Obvious

Monaghan about six points the better team yet they almost allowed Tyrone to grab undeserved draw.

Agent Orange

Tramps nearly came back from the dead, they looked dead and buried. It will be the graveyard that is the back door for Hartes deadly divers. Doubt there will be a resurrection.

screenexile

Fair play Monaghan they deserved it. I think K Hughes was doing serious hobbling about in the 2nd half and they still came through.

Tyrone are in for a serious drought after Cavanagh goes... Cue more crying from Mickey Harte in the morning!

rodney trotter

Nrico must be in some shock, only thought Tyrone had to turn up, such arrogance.

From the Bunker

Black card is a mess! As sign posted here on this board the black card encourages diving! Monaghan made hard work of what should have been an easy win. Stevie O'Neill looks gone. Harte although clearly frustrated after match.

squire_in_navy_slacks

Morgan can do all the poncing training videos he wants but its on match day that it matters ................................

bigtogs

Quote from: squire_in_navy_slacks on June 15, 2014, 03:53:01 PM
Morgan can do all the poncing training videos he wants but its on match day that it matters ................................

said it before will say it again morgan is a liability. ...

charlieTully

Quote from: squire_in_navy_slacks on June 15, 2014, 03:53:01 PM

couldnt happen to a nicer fella, delighted for him, micky harte is a moaning yap too. monaghan should have won by six or seven.

Tubberman

Quote from: Zulu on June 15, 2014, 03:44:39 PM
Quote from: Tubberman on June 15, 2014, 03:38:22 PM
100% correct by Brolly.

What did he say?

QuoteThat's a black card for Kavanagh. FFS ref, you're a joke!!

I disagree. I thought Cavanagh fouled but Clerkin dived to the ground so for me it wasn't a black.

Brolly said it was sad to see Cavanagh grabbing the man's arm and diving. Lyster got jumpy and started trying to talk over him, and brought in Spillane, but Pat agreed with Brolly on this one.
I thought the Cavanagh tackle was a nailed-on black card, but didn't see replay so could be wrong.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Zulu

Agree on Cavanagh diving though I didn't see any reason for Clerkin to hit the ground when he was fouled by Cavanagh.

Main Street

You'd have to say that was a very poor Tyrone performance and effort which meant that Monaghan didn't need to be at the top of the game.
I knew we had the game when Tyrone came out 'blazing' in the second half and that blaze petered out inside 3 minutes without scoring.
Even the crowd seemed quite relaxed,  a bit of nerves at the end  but sure beating Tyrone doesn't come easy, we just need more practice at doing it.

It feels good.

Throw ball

Thought the 3 black cards were harsh but you can hardly blame the referee when the game is so quick and there is so much diving. I can understand Harte's frustration at the end as I remember the same frustration in the 2005 semi final when the referee didn't add time after Canavan and Mugsy had a party before their winning free kick. Thought Tony Donnelly spoke very well when interviewed.

Schkite

Get the fook in! Scrappy and nervy end to the game, but it was always going to be against Tyrone after our recent record against them, huge monkey off our backs now. Alot to work on, some poor shooting and decision making at times. Tyrone were poor enough but we still made hard enough work of it in the end, should have been further ahead before their late comeback. McManus was well off the pace but still proved crucial with his flawless free-taking. Wylie and Kelly were exceptional in defence. Had a quick look at the odds on Paddy Power earlier for MOTM, I think Kelly was the longest odds player quoted at 40/1. I actually toyed with sticking a few euro on for the craic as he has such an impressive league but of course didn't bother. He won't be far off it.

Onwards to Armagh now, bit more time for McManus to get up to speed and hopefully Lennon too.

Wildweasel74

Monaghan should have won this by 10, hope they don`t take Armagh for granted the way Tyrone took them, I think they are well capable of beating Donegal, Stephen O`Neill at 33 only has something to offer off the bench, better with Donnelly in full forward. When the pressure is on Morgan is very flaky, he should be told not to be coming out the field soloing the ball full stop. Chris McGuinness shooting and option taking was terrible

BennyHarp

In my opinion, Sean was fouled on each and every one of those occasions and they highlight how the difficult life has become for the referees. With a player running at pace he will go down on contact, it's a soccer thing to claim diving and it was Monaghan tactic to claim that on all occasions that Sean was fouled. How Mone had the face to claim a dive after his head high tackle, when in the first half he was diving like Klinnsmann when McGinley bumped into him after a free. Well done to Monaghan, they are a good team who makes life hard for the opposition. Tyrone played poorly and probably did well to push them to the wire but we have a lot of work to do through the back door.
That was never a square ball!!