Roscommon vs. Mayo - Connacht SFC Semi-final (Dr. Hyde Park, June 8th 2014)

Started by Syferus, May 18, 2014, 05:14:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will Andy transfer to his home county after such an insult?

Yes
10 (83.3%)
Yep
4 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 12

ballinaman

I think we're all a bit obsessed with the first XV in Mayo.
Got to think about a 20 man game now and how the likes of Feeney, Dillon, Andy, Sweeney,Moran, Barrett ect will be used off the bench.
Line hasn't always been reliable in making such calls but one would hope we've improved. Can't expect to to ask the team to push on without looking at their own previous weaknesses.

highorlow

Diarmuid O'Connor had a decent game against Kildare and is good for a goal. Doherty is a man that will always take his goal chances. Cillian and Freeman also get goals. McLoughlin will take his goals when given the chance.

Looks like we will be targeting early goals then.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

Syferus

Quote from: highorlow on June 05, 2014, 12:56:44 PM
Diarmuid O'Connor had a decent game against Kildare and is good for a goal. Doherty is a man that will always take his goal chances. Cillian and Freeman also get goals. McLoughlin will take his goals when given the chance.

Looks like we will be targeting early goals then.

Well, at least ye've given up trying to get forwards that can score points.

From the Bunker

Up to three of that line up probably won't start. With that you probably will have 8 of the first 9 holding their positions and anybody occupying the front 6 positions. Real guessing game stuff (if it's not the real starting team). Hope it is. We need to be blooding a player or two. And if we are going to do this, it has to be in the Connacht championship where we have the trap door of the back door. Anyway here's to allot of scribbling on the program on Sunday.

highorlow

QuoteWell, at least ye've given up trying to get forwards that can score points.

Yes we leave that to the backs anymore.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

rosnarun

Quote from: Rossfan on June 05, 2014, 10:27:07 AM
The Rhus using the Ros game to experiment  I see.
Ah well sure why not? They're goin to walk it anyway.
I just hope effin Tyrone get to the Ulster final so we can avoid the hoors in the qualifier Draw.
not about experimenting . more a small change of the guard and keeping things fresh.
Horan is giving the new guys the responceaility  and its sink or swim but i hope they are not discarded too soon if they are not quiet ready yet
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Ryano

Conor is a brother of the other 2 O'Shea's from the head on him I take it??

If so, anyone know if thats a record for Mayo to have three brothers start a game? (Daddy & Mammy O'Shea must be very proud too).

joemamas

Quote from: Shrewdness on June 05, 2014, 02:08:55 PM
Mortimer's???

No just two Mort's and their cousin Micheal

Crete Boom

Mortimer's???

Yeah I think Kenneth, Trevor and Connor played in the loss to Fermanagh in the qualifiers in 2003. Can't think of any after that.

ballinaman

Quote from: Crete Boom on June 05, 2014, 02:27:53 PM
Mortimer's???

Yeah I think Kenneth, Trevor and Connor played in the loss to Fermanagh in the qualifiers in 2003. Can't think of any after that.
Some hoor of a day that was in Sligo. 6 starting forwards were from intermediate clubs too !

Crete Boom

Quote from: ballinaman on June 05, 2014, 02:41:15 PM
Mortimer's???

Some hoor of a day that was in Sligo. 6 starting forwards were from intermediate clubs too !

Yep it was pretty terrible from us alright but the Fermanagh lads/lassies were sound skins though. I wouldn't have thought those two teams would have been in the All Ireland semi 13 months later leaving the ground that day ;D.

moysider

Quote from: Crete Boom on June 05, 2014, 02:44:23 PM
Mortimer's???

Yep it was pretty terrible from us alright but the Fermanagh lads/lassies were sound skins though. I wouldn't have thought those two teams would have been in the All Ireland semi 13 months later leaving the ground that day ;D.

Was that the Saturday evening with thunder and torrential rain?
A lot of those qualifier disasters have morphed into a single nightmare.
Fermanagh, Derry, Westmeath and Longford were some days.

joemamas

Quote from: moysider on June 05, 2014, 04:01:05 PM
Mortimer's???

Yes it was, Mind you I was sitting on a beach listening to it on madwest. I think Maurice Sheridan slipped as he was taking the potentially equalizing free at the end of the game.

moysider

Quote from: joemamas on June 05, 2014, 04:22:17 PM
Quote from: moysider on June 05, 2014, 04:01:05 PM
Mortimer's???

Yes it was, Mind you I was sitting on a beach listening to it on madwest. I think Maurice Sheridan slipped as he was taking the potentially equalizing free at the end of the game.

Yeah. Desperate.