NFL DIV 3 FINAL..ROSCOMMON v CAVAN

Started by Shrewdness, April 14, 2014, 09:15:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Itchy

Quote from: Old yeller on April 26, 2014, 11:46:35 PM
Quote from: Itchy on April 26, 2014, 10:24:21 PM
Congrats to Ros. They won because they could kick a score. Our full forward line was an embarrassment today. I don't know what Martin Dunne had to do to get taken off as he missed 1-6 today and all scorable. Keating can't see anyone else on his team, he has extremely poor peripheral vision. And can anyone tell me why Niall McDermott was tapping over a point with 20s left when a goal was needed? Indeed some of Cavans decision making was a joke, Alan Clarke playing suicide balls and Mackey too. It was a shocking display, I can only hope its a kick up the hole that they need before the Armagh match.

Take a chill pill there Itchy. "he has extremely poor peripheral vision"? He is probably the best forward we have, one bad day doesnt change that. A bit too quick to run them down lad. We all said that our main aim for the year was to get promoted and, while im as gutted as everyone else that we didnt win today, we have achieved that aim. Congratulations to Roscommon and best of luck I  the championship,  I hope we get another crack at ye in the summer!

Keating is far too slow to release the ball to a team mate. Some of decisions he made to shoot yesterday were ridiculous and even worse than Dunne's. He has total tunnel vision and I'm not sure that can be coached out of anyone. There is a clear blue print on how to beat Cavan now I feel.

Rossfan

Quote from: Shrewdness on April 27, 2014, 11:50:58 AM
Rossfan, any chance that you could persuade the Ballagh Rossies to put up a few flags before next Saturday. The recent 'Club Rossie' event in Ballagh was well supported, so even though it's an U-21 final, it's a rare chance for the Ballagh Rossies to nail their colours to the mast for an All Ireland Final.
Not from Ballagh I'm afraid so not much influence on them greatest of heroes.
No doubt the Patriots will have the Beautiful Primrose and Blue flying
Proudly high oer Ballagh Town
We hung out the flag of war
Better to die neath a Rossie Sky
Than in Westport or Castlebar.
The world did gaze with deep amaze
at those fearless Rossies so brave
Who dared to spite the Rhubarb might
That their own land they would save.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Rossfan on April 27, 2014, 04:53:38 PM
Rossfan, any chance that you could persuade the Ballagh Rossies to put up a few flags before next Saturday. The recent 'Club Rossie' event in Ballagh was well supported, so even though it's an U-21 final, it's a rare chance for the Ballagh Rossies to nail their colours to the mast for an All Ireland Final.

The championship is upon us lads...the championship truly is upon us...
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Rossfan

Quote from: Farrandeelin on April 27, 2014, 04:56:22 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on April 27, 2014, 04:53:38 PM

The championship is upon us lads...the championship truly is upon us...
;D ;D
All we need now is for Laythrum to spoil the big showdown between the coming Young Lochinvars and the tired oul gunfighters of 2012 and 2013.

Old yeller

Quote from: Itchy on April 27, 2014, 02:30:59 PM
Quote from: Old yeller on April 26, 2014, 11:46:35 PM
Quote from: Itchy on April 26, 2014, 10:24:21 PM
Congrats to Ros. They won because they could kick a score. Our full forward line was an embarrassment today. I don't know what Martin Dunne had to do to get taken off as he missed 1-6 today and all scorable. Keating can't see anyone else on his team, he has extremely poor peripheral vision. And can anyone tell me why Niall McDermott was tapping over a point with 20s left when a goal was needed? Indeed some of Cavans decision making was a joke, Alan Clarke playing suicide balls and Mackey too. It was a shocking display, I can only hope its a kick up the hole that they need before the Armagh match.

Take a chill pill there Itchy. "he has extremely poor peripheral vision"? He is probably the best forward we have, one bad day doesnt change that. A bit too quick to run them down lad. We all said that our main aim for the year was to get promoted and, while im as gutted as everyone else that we didnt win today, we have achieved that aim. Congratulations to Roscommon and best of luck I  the championship,  I hope we get another crack at ye in the summer!

Keating is far too slow to release the ball to a team mate. Some of decisions he made to shoot yesterday were ridiculous and even worse than Dunne's. He has total tunnel vision and I'm not sure that can be coached out of anyone. There is a clear blue print on how to beat Cavan now I feel.
We are definitely too one dimensional and Armagh will take great interest in the way Roscommon and Dublin beat Cavan teams in the last two weeks.

Shrewdness

Rossfan, i had to laugh when i read that you're not from Ballagh. Not only did i think you were, but i was also convinced that i knew who you were in Ballagh. ;D

Rossfan

Ah Shrewdín I must be overdoin the Ballagh thing  ;D
I have no idea who you might be though.
Anyway last night was by no means the perfect performance and we still have work to do before we face the Championship.
Evans fairly enjoyed his night out in Crokerand was pretty excited at the end. Whatever about other Counties them Kerry bucks enjoy their games there and usually win as well.
I hear he's said Ros is a four year plan. He's now one and a half years through it and we're winning cupeens. I expect his two major projects for next year will be a midfield and a defence plan.
Corcoran and Enda Smith for midfield 2015 onwards? Defence??? He'll earn his expenses if he solves that one though.

Syferus

Quote from: Shrewdness on April 27, 2014, 08:43:45 PM
Rossfan, i had to laugh when i read that you're not from Ballagh. Not only did i think you were, but i was also convinced that i knew who you were in Ballagh. ;D

Andy can type better than that.

magpie seanie

Quote from: muppet on April 26, 2014, 11:14:44 PM
What are people's thoughts on McDermott's 'tackle' on the Cavan man running through at the end.

Cavan obviously needed a goal and the attempted tackle didn't resemble anything in the rules. But he only got a yellow and if I were a Rossie (or any team in the situation) I would have been very happy with him afterwards.

I don't mean to have a go at that particular player, but according to Croke Park, Eugene Magee, Joe Brolly and random statistics, we are now saved from cynical fouling.

I have been reliably informed that it should have been a red card.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Rossies you don't matter and nobody cares, stop pretending you are relevant.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Syferus

Quote from: magpie seanie on April 28, 2014, 01:12:15 AM
Quote from: muppet on April 26, 2014, 11:14:44 PM
What are people's thoughts on McDermott's 'tackle' on the Cavan man running through at the end.

Cavan obviously needed a goal and the attempted tackle didn't resemble anything in the rules. But he only got a yellow and if I were a Rossie (or any team in the situation) I would have been very happy with him afterwards.

I don't mean to have a go at that particular player, but according to Croke Park, Eugene Magee, Joe Brolly and random statistics, we are now saved from cynical fouling.

I have been reliably informed that it should have been a red card.

To be fair, Marty thinks a Roscommon player walking onto a football field is a red card offence.

Ciarrai_thuaidh

Meant to comment here, was impressed with the football Ros played on Saturday. Would it be fair to say things are on the up under Evans? Looks to be the spine of a decent team there and with the under 21s going well there could be a ripple of momentum?

By the way, I assume the Ros swarm will descend for the under 21 final? Have honestly never in my life encountered a more partisan atmosphere than the one in Ennis for the 2006 minor replay..and it definitely had an effect on the field that day.
"Better to die on your feet,than live on your knees"...

Rossfan

Quote from: Ciarrai_thuaidh on April 28, 2014, 03:14:58 AM
Meant to comment here, was impressed with the football Ros played on Saturday. Would it be fair to say things are on the up under Evans? Looks to be the spine of a decent team there and with the under 21s going well there could be a ripple of momentum?

By the way, I assume the Ros swarm will descend for the under 21 final? Have honestly never in my life encountered a more partisan atmosphere than the one in Ennis for the 2006 minor replay..and it definitely had an effect on the field that day.
Definitely on an upwards slope now Ciarrai. We had about 10,000 in Tullamore for the 2012 Final ( to the Dubs' 700 !!!!) so we'd expect a similar out turn at least.
12 of that 2012 Final squad are now on the Senior panel and with 6 of this year's U21 lads also on the Senior panel we're starting to get hopeful of a few good years coming up.
As Club Rossie says "The best is yet to come"

Syferus

Quote from: Rossfan on April 28, 2014, 11:21:40 AM
Quote from: Ciarrai_thuaidh on April 28, 2014, 03:14:58 AM

Definitely on an upwards slope now Ciarrai. We had about 10,000 in Tullamore for the 2012 Final ( to the Dubs' 700 !!!!) so we'd expect a similar out turn at least.
12 of that 2012 Final squad are now on the Senior panel and with 6 of this year's U21 lads also on the Senior panel we're starting to get hopeful of a few good years coming up.
As Club Rossie says "The best is yet to come"

Copyright Paddy Joe Burke.

Shrewdness

Mayogodhelpus, i can see now how you have written so many posts.