Locked Threads

Started by ONeill, February 26, 2014, 10:00:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farrandeelin

Quote from: hardstation on February 27, 2014, 12:03:30 AM
The only thing I could see wrong with Mr. Fearon's thread about Mr. Brady was that he brought Myles into it for no reason

This I have to say I agree with. However myles didn't engage with him so why did others?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Apparently so

Ze Germans will rise again

T Fearon

The only thing I could see wrong with Mr. Fearon's thread about Mr. Brady was that he brought Myles into it for no reason but to keep an oul row going.If that is worthy of closing the thread or having it reported twice by the same person, then so be it.

Despite me being agin Mr. Fearon's opinion of Mr. Brady (and Mr. Brady's role in the cover up of child abuse within the Catholic Church), it is, to me, totally acceptable for Mr. Fearon to start a thread in honour of Mr. Brady's recent shindig

There you are Hardstation,verbosity replaced by colloquialisms ;D

Lar Naparka

Quote from: hardstation on February 27, 2014, 12:03:30 AM
The only thing I could see wrong with Mr. Fearon's thread about Mr. Brady was that he brought Myles into it for no reason but to inflame a long running and sensitive debate. If that is worthy of closing the thread or having it reported twice by the same person, then so be it.

Despite me opposing Mr. Fearon's opinion of Mr. Brady (and Mr. Brady's role in the cover up of child abuse within the Catholic Church), it is, to me, totally acceptable for Mr. Fearon to start a thread in honour of Mr. Brady's recent milestone.
In other words, he wasn't interested in having a conversation; his sole purpose was to start a row. THat's trolling, pure and simple.
I looked up the definition of "trolling" and ths is what I found on about.com:

Trolls themselves are emotionally-immature users who thrive in any environment where they are allowed to make public comments, like blog sites, news sites, discussion forums, and game chat.

I think that describes the bollox said Mr Fearon very well indeed.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Cold tea

Quote from: heganboy on February 27, 2014, 08:06:23 PM
Quote from: Cold tea on February 27, 2014, 07:45:54 PM

See you're still as funny as a kick to the balls, blow one off typing that did you?

genius! keep them coming

Nearly as genius as dragging up the citywest.  ;)