NFL Division 2 2014

Started by All of a Sludden, February 03, 2014, 03:55:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

armaghniac

I think you have Louth and Armagh in the wrong order there, either alphabetically or on score difference.
What are the rules for relegation, head to head not useful here?
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Syferus

Already looking forward to playing MayoGodHelpUs's mighty team in D2 2015.

All of a Sludden

Allianz FL Division 2 Round 3
Down   4-16   -   0-09   Louth
Laois   1-20   -   0-08   Galway
Meath   2-10   -   0-19   Armagh
Donegal   2-11   -   0-10   Monaghan

I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.

larryin89

Fancy dans are in turmoil , the modern game has left them behind.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Ringfort

Galway will get their act together at some stage, have they not some good u21's coming through?
Though a spell in D3 is no help. If they do go down they will want to do a Meath and fly straight back up. You could hit a type of year in D3 where 3/4 teams are all on form and striving for promotion  and then you are in for a battle.

DJGaliv

I thought this black card rule would allow our boys the freedom to play. What's our excuse now? Shocking versus Laois.

babarino

Quote from: DJGaliv on March 02, 2014, 07:26:01 PM
I thought this black card rule would allow our boys the freedom to play. What's our excuse now? Shocking versus Laois.

From what I've seen the black card isn't being enforced.

seafoid

Quote from: larryin89 on March 02, 2014, 04:53:41 PM
Fancy dans are in turmoil , the modern game has left them behind.
We haven't won Sam under puke football but I don't think ye have either. I am open to correction.

seafoid

Quote from: DJGaliv on March 02, 2014, 07:26:01 PM
If they beat Louth and Armagh they'll be okay.  3rd year of Mulholland- he'd want to get the finger out.
Or just out.

Mourne Rover

Barbarino is right about the non-enforcement of black cards if the approach of Martin  Higgins in Newry last night is anything to go by. He kept the game flowing pretty well but he had about half a dozen chances to show black as Louth's display disintegrated and he never used one. Instead, he handed out ticks and five or six yellows for rugby tackles and trips. It made very little difference to the result or even the pattern of play, so perhaps the black cards are effective even when they are not used.

It was difficult to assess Down properly as Louth were so far off the pace. If there was a game plan there, the players did not understand it and seemed to be arguing with each other. Clarke was their only scorer in the first half, with a free and one from play, but he was taken off immediately after his second point and did not appear to be injured. Duffy never got going at midfield and the Louth supporters around us were calling for Donnelly to be introduced after about five minutes. The most surprising aspect was that Louth, who have usually looked a decent side against us, effectively gave up in the last quarter. It was great to see Benny coming off the bench to bang in a couple of trademark goals, but, while they were clinically dispatched, the space he got was amazing. It is pretty doubtful if Galway will be so generous next week.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Ringfort on March 02, 2014, 05:33:52 PM
Galway will get their act together at some stage, have they not some good u21's coming through?
Though a spell in D3 is no help. If they do go down they will want to do a Meath and fly straight back up. You could hit a type of year in D3 where 3/4 teams are all on form and striving for promotion  and then you are in for a battle.

I'd expect so too. But it won't happen just because Galway are a traditional heavyweight. There is a certain amount of re-invention. They don't need to abandon a certain amount of their footballing style, they just have to tune it a bit better. Anyway, they got a harsh lesson after going in blind to play Mayo in the Championship last year. I don't expect they will be as naive this summer. If they are, well what can one say?

Aristo 60

Quote from: All of a Sludden on March 02, 2014, 03:56:44 PM
Allianz FL Division 2 Round 3
Down   4-16   -   0-09   Louth
Laois   1-20   -   0-08   Galway
Meath   2-10   -   0-19   Armagh
Donegal   2-11   -   0-10   Monaghan

On the basis of current form I fancy us against Galway next day out although I guess Galway will have to make a start at some point.

Laois have 4 points from beating the two weakest teams so they might be flattered in that position at the minute. I also fancy us against them on the final day. We've visited them and won on most occasions in the recent past.  If we win those two we'd be on 9 points.

I think Armagh will take the points off Monaghan and that there will be enough topsy turvey from the teams in the middle section of the current standings to leave Donegal out ahead and Down in 2nd spot.

Although this optimism could have something to do with Saturday night...

seafoid

Quote from: From the Bunker on March 02, 2014, 09:40:46 PM
Quote from: Ringfort on March 02, 2014, 05:33:52 PM

I'd expect so too. But it won't happen just because Galway are a traditional heavyweight. There is a certain amount of re-invention. They don't need to abandon a certain amount of their footballing style, they just have to tune it a bit better. Anyway, they got a harsh lesson after going in blind to play Mayo in the Championship last year. I don't expect they will be as naive this summer. If they are, well what can one say?
Galway have drifted out to 100/1 with Paddy Power. Meath are 33/1. Mayo 9/2. That is a big spread between Galway and Mayo. It is probably more insulting than being called a fancy dan.

babarino

What a difference a couple of weeks make. Meath take a point from Donegal, Down fall in Galway, Armagh going well. Donegal will go up, even if Down give them a fill of it. Who'll join them will probably be decided this weekend. Armagh v Monaghan is a big one  :D

Ringfort

Ya its a very interesting division. A fair few of the teams trying to 'find themselves'. Only Donegal as you say looking likely to go up at this stage. We didn't get any of this 'we don't really like the league in Donegal' this year as they realise any sort of an extended stay in Div 2 and you can turn into a Meath, Galway or Armagh. Meath will always have a 'big county' mentality so their almost-result in Ballybofey not really surprising. Another couple of wins will suit them grand going into the summer.

Armagh seem to have a bit of momentum going so I'll tip them at this stage to go up. All eyes on Galway now for the run in. Was the Down game only an accident? Low- scoring affair when you compare to what other sides are putting up this year.