Ariel "The Butcher" Sharon dies

Started by give her dixie, January 11, 2014, 12:45:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T Fearon

I thought this thread was about an Eastenders Character, Sharon Butcher?

seafoid

Quote from: T Fearon on January 13, 2014, 04:12:19 PM
I thought this thread was about an Eastenders Character, Sharon Butcher?
and her choice of washing powder

seafoid

Quote from: whitey on January 13, 2014, 02:21:16 AM
$hite all round.  Extreme Muslims have a problem with anyone who doesn't bow down to their faith.

I didnt see too many Israelis at the Marathon in Boston last year when those 2 dogs decided to put a bomb down beside a Catholic Irish American Family...killed a seven year old boy, blew the leg of his 5 year old sister, blinded the mom in one eye and burst both her eardrums.

The Israelis are the only one who know how to deal with them
it is the only language they understand. Bring back the B specials. Or did I get that right?

Walter Cronc

$hite all round.  Extreme Muslims have a problem with anyone who doesn't bow down to their faith.

I didnt see too many Israelis at the Marathon in Boston last year when those 2 dogs decided to put a bomb down beside a Catholic Irish American Family...killed a seven year old boy, blew the leg of his 5 year old sister, blinded the mom in one eye and burst both her eardrums.

Are you the Irish4Israel spokesman??

orangeman

Sharon was buried today.

Before he was buried, there were rockets fired from Gaza.

And Israel fired back.

That says it all about that part of the world.

theticklemister

Quote from: orangeman on January 13, 2014, 05:41:17 PM
Sharon was buried today.

And Israel fired back.

er ....... that part of the world only?

give her dixie

Sharon was directly responsible for the mass slaughter of thousands of innocent people. With help from the US, he
never got to have his day in court that he so rightly deserved. Generations of Palestinians have to live with the
consequences of his actions. As Richard Falk puts it, "They don't even have the right to have rights".

Sharon was a monster, and for anyone to defend him or his actions just shows a complete lack of decency and humanity.
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

orangeman

Quote from: theticklemister on January 13, 2014, 05:50:17 PM
Quote from: orangeman on January 13, 2014, 05:41:17 PM
Sharon was buried today.

And Israel fired back.

er ....... that part of the world only?

Not only that part of the world. But I was merely making the point how sad it is to see this going on today.

whitey

Quote from: seafoid on January 13, 2014, 04:19:27 PM

it is the only language they understand. Bring back the B specials. Or did I get that right?

Unfortunately appeasement and mollycoddling does not work when it comes to dealing with extremist Muslims.  Just look at what's happening in the UK-they're afforded every protection and freedom to practice their religion and they're still not happy.

They murder innocent people on their way to do a days work by blowing up busses and trains, attempt to blow aircraft out of the sky and decapitate "infidels" in broad daylight with butchers knives.

Israelis are no angels, but faced with what they're faced with on a daily basis, I can see their side of the argument

give her dixie

Quote from: whitey on January 13, 2014, 06:57:49 PM

Unfortunately appeasement and mollycoddling does not work when it comes to dealing with extremist Muslims.  Just look at what's happening in the UK-they're afforded every protection and freedom to practice their religion and they're still not happy.

They murder innocent people on their way to do a days work by blowing up busses and trains, attempt to blow aircraft out of the sky and decapitate "infidels" in broad daylight with butchers knives.

Israelis are no angels, but faced with what they're faced with on a daily basis, I can see their side of the argument

If only you could walk for a mile in Palestinian shoes..........

give her dixie

NOAM CHOMSKY: Well, you know, there is a convention that you're not supposed to speak ill of the recently dead, which unfortunately imposes a kind of vow of silence because there's nothing else to say—there's nothing good to say. What both Rashid and Avi Shlaim have said is exactly accurate. He was a brutal killer. He had one fixed idea in mind, which drove him all his life: a greater Israel, as powerful as possible, as few Palestinians as possible—they should somehow disappear—and an Israel which could be powerful enough to dominate the region. The Lebanon War then, which was his worst crime, also had a goal of imposing a client state in Lebanon, a Maronite client state. And these were the driving forces of his life.

The idea that the Gaza evacuation was a controversial step for peace is almost farcical. By 2005, Gaza had been devastated, and he played a large role in that. The Israeli hawks could understand easily that it made no sense to keep a few thousand Israeli settlers in Gaza using a very large percentage of its land and scarce water with a huge IDF, Israeli army, contingent to protect them. What made more sense was to take them out and place them in the West Bank or the Golan Heights—illegal. It could have been done very simply. They could have—the Israeli army could have announced that on August 1st they're leaving Gaza, in which case the settlers would have piled into the trucks that were provided to them, which would take them from their subsidized homes in Gaza to illegal subsidized homes in other territories that Israel intended to keep, and that would have been the end of it. But instead, a—what Israeli sociologists call, Baruch Kimmerling called an "absurd theater" was constructed to try to demonstrate to the world that there cannot be any further evacuations.

The farce was a successful public relations effort. Joseph Biden's comments illustrate that. It was particularly farcical when you recognize that it was a virtual replay of what happened in 1982 when Israel was compelled to withdraw from the Egyptian Sinai and carried out an operation that the Israeli press ridiculed as Operation National Trauma 1982: We have to show the world how much we're suffering by carrying out an action that will benefit our power and our security. And that was the peacemaking effort.

But his career is one of unremitting brutality, dedication to the fixed idea of his life. He doubtless showed courage and commitment to pursuing this ideal, which is an ugly and horrific one.

http://www.democracynow.org/2014/1/13/noam_chomsky_on_the_legacy_of

Sidney

Quote from: whitey on January 13, 2014, 06:57:49 PM

whitey

That's why we live in a democracy...everyone is entitled to their own opinion...

Noam Chomsky is about as far left as Glenn Beck and Bill O Reilly are right.  Neither is right, but there are merits to components of each opinion.  Each has bias and prejudice built into their positions, but you cannot take either position as absolute.

Here in the US we are currently dealing with Chris Christies "Bridgegate"....yet Christies biggest detractors are the very people who were Ted Kennedy's biggest cheerleaders. In case you don't know, a married Ted Kennedy drove off a bridge late at and left a young woman to drown, while he swam to safety, and made last call at a local watering hole.

I have come to realize that there's two sides to every story and the truth lies somewhere in between

give her dixie

Sidney

Quote from: whitey on January 13, 2014, 08:43:50 PM
That's why we live in a democracy...everyone is entitled to their own opinion...

Noam Chomsky is about as far left as Glenn Beck and Bill O Reilly are right.  Neither is right, but there are merits to components of each opinion.  Each has bias and prejudice built into their positions, but you cannot take either position as absolute.

Here in the US we are currently dealing with Chris Christies "Bridgegate"....yet Christies biggest detractors are the very people who were Ted Kennedy's biggest cheerleaders. In case you don't know, a married Ted Kennedy drove off a bridge late at and left a young woman to drown, while he swam to safety, and made last call at a local watering hole.

I have come to realize that there's two sides to every story and the truth lies somewhere in between
I don't know what Chris Christie and Ted Kennedy have to do with the truth of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.

What I do know is absurd is to focus on "what the Israelis have to put up with" given that the state of Israel was founded on stealing land, terrorism, murder, ethnic cleansing, and a six and half decades long systematic military repression of a people, all the while backed up by an at best compliant and at worst deliberately lying media who are scared out of their wits of offending the international Israel lobby.