FA Cup 2014

Started by From the Bunker, January 05, 2014, 01:56:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

From the Bunker

Jez, Big Sams side took a Hammering today. Good to see Andy Reid doing his stuff!

ziggy90

I think The Vile wont be in the final!! :D
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

From the Bunker

Have to say that FA Cup weekend can be a drab weekend of football. No real suprises anymore. Still all the big teams are still left in the competition!  ;)

Ball Hopper

A few good games in the Fifth Round:

Man City v Chelsea
Sheffield United or Fulham v Nottingham Forest or Preston

Arsenal v Liverpool
Brighton v Hull

Cardiff v Wigan
Sheffield Wednesday v Charlton

Sunderland v Southampton
Everton v Swansea

From the Bunker

Quote from: Ball Hopper on January 26, 2014, 05:46:57 PM

Man City v Chelsea

Arsenal v Liverpool
Brighton v Hull

Cardiff v Wigan

Sunderland v Southampton
Everton v Swansea

They are all good ties. Nearly a level playing field for each opponent!

Milltown Row2

Liverpool to beat Arsenal, they have a few hard games in between that tie so I'd expect them to send out the reserves, Liverpool would be a decent bet as this is the only trophy they could win this year
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Capt Pat

Its still a bad draw from Liverpool away from home. It won't be easy.

johnneycool

Quote from: From the Bunker on January 26, 2014, 06:18:14 PM
Quote from: Ball Hopper on January 26, 2014, 05:46:57 PM

Man City v Chelsea

Arsenal v Liverpool
Brighton v Hull

Cardiff v Wigan

Sunderland v Southampton
Everton v Swansea

They are all good ties. Nearly a level playing field for each opponent!

Home wins all the way, barring the Hull game and Fulham to get over the blades in the replay

deiseach

Sickening draw, but it's the last truly great thing about the FA Cup. The sheer randomness of each draw compared to the railroading that goes in the Champions League - seedings, teams can't play a team from their own country until the last eight - is a sight to behold.

Farrandeelin

Anybody know when the 6th round is due to take place?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

gawa316

Quote from: Farrandeelin on February 05, 2014, 11:01:36 PM
Anybody know when the 6th round is due to take place?

Around the 8th March

Tony Baloney

Quote from: hardstation on February 05, 2014, 11:25:31 PM
Yeah, a fella in work 'asked Santa' for a weekend in Liverpool and tickets to the Sunderland match for his young lad. He got the flights and everything else was ready to fall into place.....

Wham! FA Cup weekend. Even if both are put out, Liverpool will play Sunderland on the Monday night.

Would have been his wee lad's 1st game too.
I had 4 tickets last year for Liverpool v Spurs for my brother and first match for my 2 eldest boys and a Carling Cup match got in the road so the match was changed from Sat to Sun. Luckily no flights booked but ended up 3-2   :'(

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Tony Baloney on February 05, 2014, 11:35:55 PM
Quote from: hardstation on February 05, 2014, 11:25:31 PM
Yeah, a fella in work 'asked Santa' for a weekend in Liverpool and tickets to the Sunderland match for his young lad. He got the flights and everything else was ready to fall into place.....

Wham! FA Cup weekend. Even if both are put out, Liverpool will play Sunderland on the Monday night.

Would have been his wee lad's 1st game too.
I had 4 tickets last year for Liverpool v Spurs for my brother and first match for my 2 eldest boys and a Carling Cup match got in the road so the match was changed from Sat to Sun. Luckily no flights booked but ended up 3-2   :'(
I was in the same boat with 3 of us going over for that spurs game, lucky enough we still went and got a great game, but a real pain in the hole games being changed from sat to sunday or even worse , midweek.
If you want to go over to a PL game, pre christmas is the best bet as the fixtures are pretty much guaranteed and wont be changed
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Farrandeelin

At least one non-PL team in the last 4. I've had a soft spot for the Owls for quite a while, so hopefully they will make it through.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.