Tyrone v Fermanagh

Started by tyroneman, April 10, 2007, 09:52:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

118cmal

im nervous about the lack of a target man at ff. I feel this is an area we can get at tyrone and o reilly is a playmaker

FermPundit

I expect Mulgrew to make adjustments to that line up for Sunday. It's an inexperienced half back line but I'm glad to see Charlie giving the younger boys a go in the team. This season is all about re-building the team. McCluskey is a huge loss to the squad as well. Ciaran McElroy put in some decent performances in the NFL so hopefully he can meet the demands of championship football.

It's a strong enough looking Tyrone team. Good defence but not so good going forward IMO. As a result I think it'll be a low scoring affair.

Fermanagh travel in hope than in expectation.

Roll on Sunday!!
We'll win Ulster some day, not sure when.

ONeill

Previous SFC meetings:

1967 Tyrone 1-11 Fermanagh 3-2;
1973 Tyrone 1-15 Fermanagh 0-11;
1982 Fermanagh 1-8 Tyrone 0-10 ;
1995 Tyrone 1-15 Fermanagh 1-11;
1996 Tyrone 1-18 Fermanagh 0-9;
1999 Tyrone 1-18 Fermanagh 0-8;
2003 Tyrone 1-21 Fermanagh 0-5,
2004 Tyrone 1-13 Fermanagh 0-12

So, Fermanagh in line for the 25th anniversary celebrations.....
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Muzz

My opinion for what its worth...probably not alot...but

You will see kevin hughes moved into ff and mellon put into mid field.  Colm Cavanagh out to number 12.  Hughes only has to break the ball and niall gormley and colm mccullagh will be there or there abouts.  Team may line out as planned but after 10/15 minutes if nothing happens you could see this happening?

What you think lads?  Muzz for next county manager?  he has my vote ;-)

Star Spangler

QuoteI really cant see a young lad making his championship debut giving the current best full back in the country a "hard time." 

Colm Cavanagh is a bit more than just a "young lad" in fairness and it's been a couple of years since Owens has shown he can perform at the top level.  I'm not sure how you can declare him as the country's best when he hasn't performed against any top forwards recently.

118cmal

Quote from: Star Spangler on May 17, 2007, 11:23:39 PM
QuoteI really cant see a young lad making his championship debut giving the current best full back in the country a "hard time." 

Colm Cavanagh is a bit more than just a "young lad" in fairness and it's been a couple of years since Owens has shown he can perform at the top level.  I'm not sure how you can declare him as the country's best when he hasn't performed against any top forwards recently.

Im calling him a young lad because he's only outta school a year.  Barry owens was named a vodafone all-star full back last year. thats why he's the best in the country

Star Spangler

I'm not sure if an All Star makes you the best in the country but it's not really the point.  As O'Neill has said Owens will have his hands full - wait and see.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Colm Cavanagh's 'baptism' was the first NFL game under lights in Croke, and he came through that test with flying colours. At times he acted. and played. like one of the most experienced players on the sod.

Hoping that Tommy Mc Guigan can excel in big brother's number 11 slot, speaking of whom, the best of luck to Brian with his operation later today.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

never kickt a ball

I predict the full back will have a torrid time with the nippy Fermanagh forwards. Fermanagh will exploit this big time.  :( I felt he was very exposed in the League in Brewster Park last year.

J70

Quote from: 118cmal on May 17, 2007, 10:58:05 PM
im nervous about the lack of a target man at ff. I feel this is an area we can get at tyrone and o reilly is a playmaker

What's the story with Stephen Maguire? Is he finished for good?

parttimeexile

I really wouldnt be that sure of colm cavanagh as a senior county player.I hope I am proved wrong but just not totally confident in him.I think niall gormley should be well up for it as he's playin against fermanagh which is just down the road from him.I think justin mc mahon would do better slightly further up the field.I think tommy mc guigan has all the attributes of a great player but just hope he can do it on the big day.

loughshore lad

Interesting selection from a Tyrone perspective. Personally I think Harte has been holding Tommy back for the championship - that is the only reason why I can think he didnt see more league action. Tommy has been in tremendous form for Ardboe so far this year and he gives Harte options - he could play anywhere from 8 to 15. Gormley is a tremendous wee player in my opinion and hopefully will do the business. Not so sure about Colm Cavanagh but hopefully he proves me wrong on Sunday

clarshack

looking at the team i am extremely worried. forward line is very poor when you compare it to previous tyrone sides down the years going into the championship. have doubts on whether some are even inter county standard. fermanagh are no mugs and have taken scalps in the championship in recent years.

ONeill

I think the lack of expectation will help the likes of McGuigan jnr, Gormley (jnr) and Cavanagh jnr. Usually when playing the Wet Boys there's the added pressure of almost everyone within the county expecting the victory. This year, especially after last night's selection, there's the notion that the game is relatively evenly balanced.

Mickey is also not afriad to do a Mulgrew and make 1-2 changes on the day, just before the game. I wouldn't be overly surprised to hear that Mulligan will start ahead of McGuigan.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Uladh

Quote from: 118cmal on May 17, 2007, 08:54:53 PM
the current best full back in the country

Give me a break ffs.

Is john devine a total bolt from the blue to be in goals lads?