Cynical fouling is alive and well in Dublin!

Started by The Hill is Blue, November 11, 2013, 08:11:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Hill is Blue

Half time at the Dublin County Final

Cynical fouling is alive and well in Dublin!
;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xiN7TIb8RE
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

winsamsoon

I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

Lar Naparka

Janey Mac, that was some craic alright.
No doubt about it; two stars of the future. They've already got the basics needed to play for the Dubs.
This reminds me of the time another pair of twins got stuck into each other during a Dublin club championship game about 8 years ago. This was an u-15 hurling final between Ballyboden and Vincents (as far as I can remember.)
I had a nephew playing for 'boden so I went along to lend him a bit of support.
There were two identical twins playing for his side and they were exceptionally fine hurlers. They had hurling in their genes as they were grandsons of Paudge Kehoe who won an AI with Wexford.
They dressed identically and they were known and loved as the hedgehogs because they had the same short cut, combed back hairstyle and each got on very well with all around them.
However, they couldn't stand the sight of each other.
Their manager played one at full back and the other at full forward so there would be the least possible contact between them. This had worked well throughout the championship and there was no problem right up to the last five minutes of the final with 'boden one point in front.
Then the forward got clean through on goal and had only the goalie to beat. Somehow, he managed to put the ball wide.
His brother roared out some insult or other and, with that, he dropped his hurley and charged upfield.  The full back did likewise and they met around the halfway line.
Well, the hedgehogs to knock lumps out of each other and it took at least five minutes to pull them apart.
It took the ref, both sideline officials and their parents to separate them but, even at that, they were both ready to keep the scrap going.
Finally, the ref restored some sort of order. He asked the manager to take both off but allowed him to bring on replacements. He then got the Vins goalie to take the puck out and got the game going again as if nothing had happened.
I can't remember the score but 'boden held on to win.
I do remember the scrap though.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi