Who will you support in the World Cup?

Started by Sidney, October 17, 2013, 10:49:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

laoislad

Quote from: johnneycool on October 17, 2013, 02:42:54 PM
Have Uruguay qualified yet or are they likely to?

Think they have to play Michael Jordan in a playoff.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

muppet

Quote from: rodney trotter on October 17, 2013, 02:41:39 PM
Yeah that was an unbelievable goal. Suppose the Argie goal was more about team play. The commentator didn't get to excited about the Bergkamp finish. :)

If it was Giles he would have said: "I don't know too much about Bergamasco Bill, but Ireland were terrible".
MWWSI 2017

deiseach

muppet

Quote from: deiseach on October 17, 2013, 02:53:47 PM
Goal for Argentina, one pass, better again: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfjtwxivKjc

Dutch goal agin West Germany, 2 passes: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owguR0ITIfU (bonus analysis - some giving out - by Jack Charlton)
MWWSI 2017

deiseach

Ah, commentary down a phone line. There's a part of me that seriously thinks all international/European games should be broadcast this way.

Billys Boots

My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Orior

I'll be supporting be supporting England.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Asal Mor

I hope England do well but they usually struggle to keep the ball and the game has changed a lot since the 80's and 90's when England were serious contenders at these tournaments(could well have won in '90 and'96).

I hope the ball is better this time too. The Jabulani seemed to be a problem in South Africa and a lot of the top players flopped. The Brazuca will be unveiled soon and hopefully they won't try to be too clever with it.

J OGorman

Quote from: Orior on October 17, 2013, 03:40:45 PM
I'll be supporting be supporting England.

Wazza, Terry, Cashley Cole et al..how could ye support a team with those clampetts in it?

EC Unique

I won't really be supporting anyone but will watch it with interest. I think zee Germans will win it. I hope and indeed think England will be raped a couple of times before coming home depressed as usual. Always good fun watching them crash and burn ;D

Aaron Boone

First round matches are at 5, 8 and 11pm our time.
First match is on a Thursday.

trileacman

Quote from: EC Unique on October 17, 2013, 04:43:59 PM
I won't really be supporting anyone but will watch it with interest. I think zee Germans will win it. I hope and indeed think England will be raped a couple of times before coming home depressed as usual. Always good fun watching them crash and burn ;D

Used to be a great laugh.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Captain Obvious

No European team has ever won the World cup in South American the Germans could change that.

Minder

Quote from: Captain Obvious on October 17, 2013, 06:06:18 PM
No European team has ever won the World cup in South American the Germans could change that.

So could any of the European teams
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

bridgegael

"2009 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"