2013 All Ireland Final: Mayo v Dublin

Started by All of a Sludden, August 26, 2013, 10:16:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ballinaman

Quote from: Jinxy on September 18, 2013, 10:55:48 AM
In a close game, against a team that are equally fit, I have my doubts about Mayos ability to convert enough chances to push on and win it in the last 10 minutes
They needed their corner back and wing backs to keep them in touch with Tyrone in the first half when Tyrone were able to play at a high-intensity.
How many Mayo forwards would get on the Dublin team?
Maybe two, max.
How many of the Dublin backs would get into the Mayo team? 1, 2 max?

The harping on about Mayo forwards is becoming an obsession for some, look at the spread of scorers that Mayo have had throughout the championship, unreal. Like medusa coming up the field at you.

liihb

I would say that both the Dublin wing backs could make the Mayo team, and Ross O'Carroll, though he's not having a great year....If Cian O'Sullivan is playing at 6, that I'd say 4.

I do think that the Mayo wing backs are class too, both sides probably feel they have the best set
Every time you open your mouth you have this wonderful ability to continually confirm what I think.

moysider

Quote from: Jinxy on September 18, 2013, 10:55:48 AM
In a close game, against a team that are equally fit, I have my doubts about Mayos ability to convert enough chances to push on and win it in the last 10 minutes
They needed their corner back and wing backs to keep them in touch with Tyrone in the first half when Tyrone were able to play at a high-intensity.
How many Mayo forwards would get on the Dublin team?
Maybe two, max.

Hmmm. I d would like to have Flynn and Brogan of the Dublin forwards.

Sidney

A composite Dublin-Mayo team:

Cluxton

Cuniffe
O'Carroll
Higgins

McCarthy
O'Sullivan
McCaffrey

McAuley
A. O'Shea

Flynn
Dillon
Connolly

Mannion
O'Connor
Brogan

10 Dublin
5 Mayo

Mayo4Sam

Ur some craic Sydney, we've the best half back line in the country and we cant get anyone onto ur team?
Caff is all star full back last year and probably this year and cant make it either?

Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

muppet

Quote from: Sidney on September 18, 2013, 12:36:06 PM
A composite Dublin-Mayo team:

Cluxton

Cuniffe
O'Carroll
Higgins

McCarthy
O'Sullivan
McCaffrey

McAuley
A. O'Shea

Flynn
Dillon
Connolly

Mannion
O'Connor
Brogan

10 Dublin
5 Mayo

4 Dublin backs.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
MWWSI 2017

Mayo4Sam

I wouldnt have any doubts over Mayo in the last 10 minutes, we're as fit as Dublin and remember it wont all be heading forward for these Dubs, they'll be turning tail to chase after our players

Anyway, I think it'll all be a big anti-climax on Sunday, a bit like the end of the Tyrone match, we'll have it won from well out and just dancing around the ring for the last 15.
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Sidney

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on September 18, 2013, 12:39:19 PM
Ur some craic Sydney, we've the best half back line in the country and we cant get anyone onto ur team?
Caff is all star full back last year and probably this year and cant make it either?
Cafferkey better than O'Carroll  ;D

bucko

I know you will always get rumours re player injuries before a big match, but just saw this on breakingnews.ie....

http://www.breakingnews.ie/sport/other/dubs-play-down-talk-of-cluxton-injury-607314.html

Surely a big problem if there's any truth in it???

rodney trotter

Quote from: Sidney on September 18, 2013, 12:43:23 PM

Rory O'Carroll has been poor this year. The very first game in the Leinster Championship, Dennis Glennon gave him the run around. Hasn't been much better since.

Jinxy

I'd have Cafferkey ahead of O'Carroll.
Kevin Reilly is better than both mind.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Sidney

Quote from: rodney trotter on September 18, 2013, 12:48:35 PM
[
Rory O'Carroll has been poor this year. The very first game in the Leinster Championship, Dennis Glennon gave him the run around. Hasn't been much better since.
Glennon got two points in a game which wasn't much more than a training session for Dublin.

In which games exactly has he been poor?

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Sidney on September 18, 2013, 12:43:23 PM
And why not?
The Mayo defence have had only one goal scored against them in their championship games to date while Dublin leaked three in the first 20 minutes against Kerry.
Which full back is on top of his game?
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Farrandeelin

But Lar, this Mayo team hasn't been tested yet.....
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Sidney

Quote from: Farrandeelin on September 18, 2013, 01:10:56 PM
But Lar, this Mayo team hasn't been tested yet.....
The supreme quality of the forward lines the Mayo defence have faced in this year's championship should more than prepare them for Dublin.  :)