Wexford Vs Meath

Started by thejuice, April 04, 2007, 12:39:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thejuice

Wexford need to win by +8 points. A Meath win will see them top div 2B and avoid Monaghan in the semi's. But if Meath lose by less than 8 and Cavan beat Waterford (more than likely) Cavan go top. If we draw and Cavan win by +14 points, Cavan go top.

This weekends going to be interesting. but i expect a Cavan and Meath win.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

dubnut

If ye avoid Monaghan who are ye likely to get?

BallyhaiseMan

the race for second place in 2A is a bit of a mess isnt it,not helped by Offaly conceding the point they got against Longford?? for playing Ken Casey.

shotstopper1

Also the final games in 2A have being put back a week due to the London/Leitrim postponed game.This division is very tight with Monaghan the winners, but the next 5 places are very tight.If Roscommon were to beat Offaly in the last game they would more than likely be sending the faithful county to Div 4 and the Tommy Murphy.

Football League Division 2A
Team               P  W  D  L    F       A      +/-    Pts
1 Monaghan       6   6   0  0  4-90   5-48    39    12
2 Roscommon    6   4   0  2  6-71   6-58    13     8
3 Longford         6   2   1  3  13-70 3-76    24     6
4 Offaly             6  3   1  2   6-81  6-59    22     6
5 Leitrim            5  3    0 2   6-54  3-57     6      6
6 Clare              6  3    0 3   6-68  6-67     1      6
7 Carlow            6  1   0  5   5-58 10-81   -38    2
8 London           5  0   0  5   4-37 11-83   -67     0

Remaining Fixtures
April 8
London v Leitrim

April 15
Londain v Ceatharlach
Longfort v An Clár
Liatroim v Muineachán
Uíbh Fhailí v Ros Comáin

Blue06

I reckon Leitrim will beat what will probably be an experimental Monaghan side in the final round and take second place.
Offaly will beat Roscommon & Longford will beat Clare.  Then you will have the row about who goes to Div 4 and the TM Cup between the 3, Roscommon Offaly & Longford.  I guess all 3 will agree on the proposed play offs to decide.

BallyhaiseMan

im hoping we get 1st place in 2B,id prefer the meeting Monagahan to be left to a league final or the Ulster Quarter-final.

BallyhaiseMan

so a Meath defeat by more than 8 points would be great  ;D  ;D  ;D
(naturally has nothing to do with the fact that we are neighbours  ;) )

cavanmaniac

Ah yeah I'd second that, nothing to do with the rivalry mind... :P

thejuice

here's hoping Waterford wi..................... oh never mind! :-\
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

magpie seanie

Quotehere's hoping Waterford wi..................... oh never mind!

Happened last year!

cavan4ever

sure it cud never happen again or could it ?  ::)

Model Hammer

I don't expect to win this by 7/8 points. I haven't been able to confirm if it's enough to be level on score diff having beaten Meath, but as I say, it's almost academic. Even at the deepest depths of Meath's recent - eh - lull .... it would be a tall order. No, the aim on Sunday has to be victory, in the hope that our Sunny South-East neighbours do us a favour in Dungarvan. Either way it would be good to end the league on a win and it would represent decent form, 5 wins and a draw since the hiccup in week 1, heading into the Championship.

Regardless, it will be a good measure of where we're at. Colm Coyle's Meath look like they're heading in the right direction, after that fool Barry's reign. I haven't seen them, but they don't seem to have been troubled much since the draw with Cavan.

We showed in patches last Sunday that we can still be a force. The  ever-so-slightly-cynical approach we took to the second half was fine by me. I believe in horses for courses, and facing into the wind a man down with only a two-point lead, I think Bealin had to apply some desperate measures. Cue numerous Wexford "injuries" and general delaying tactics that completely disrupted the game and prevented Cavan getting any kind of flow going with the wind. Unfortunately, we forgot to change it when the numbers were evened up again and we conceded too much possession towards the end.

Deely should be back for the Meath game, and our midfield options are numerous with David Fogarty and hopefully Rory Stafford available again.

It would be a shame to go down to Div 3, but we're more victims of the system than anything. Though I will be annoyed if we end up on 11 points and go down and some team comes up from 2A on 9 pts or even 8!

Anyway it's the Championship that matters. Maybe Sunday's game will be a dress-rehearsal for the Leinster Final  ;D

Orior

Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

cavanmaniac

Quote from: thejuice on April 04, 2007, 04:30:18 PM
here's hoping Waterford wi..................... oh never mind! :-\

Waterford are going to get one hell of a beating. If there's any bleddy pride left in Cavan football those that were humbled and have spent the last year getting slagged about that  efeat will go out and out it to bed in a proper and very thorough fashion. Last year was a one off, normal service will resume with a little extra on top this weekend.

i hope

Hardy

I'm planning on heading over to Wexford a' Sunda. I might just stop th'oul wagon on the way back, collect a few stones and wait for the Cavan cars comin up from Dungarvan. You can take the man outa ...