Jim is worried....

Started by EC Unique, July 28, 2013, 06:58:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BluestackBoy

Quote from: sheamy on August 01, 2013, 10:38:27 PM
ah be god, be jasus, yes.

Now, tell me which one of them counties or clubs within the counties I mentioned that Rory Gallagher (II) did not represent?

I'll buy you a virtual pint and a skype short if you do.

In my addled state I will bow to your expertise. We travelled wee fecker isn't he? Not alone is he coaching Donegal but I am told he is helping out with coaching at least one Donegal club team as well. How does he find time to fit it in with all his media work???
For what shall it profit a man if he gains the whole world & loses his soul.

sheamy

club AND county in one county? Holy Christ, well done Rory!

I take it all back.

tyssam5

Quote from: sheamy on August 01, 2013, 09:07:09 PM
In Cork, they still argue if the original Rory Gallagher is from there or Donegal.

In Dublin, Cavan, Antrim, Fermanagh and Donegal they haven't a clue where the new one is from or where he is going next.

I was gonna say you left out Tyrone, but then I remembered that it was Raymie did a stint with Dromore, again well traveled.

Wildweasel74

squire_in_navy_slacks

I bet Rory doesn't even know were hes from at this stage

armaghniac

Quote from: squire_in_navy_slacks on August 02, 2013, 08:32:53 PM
I bet Rory doesn't even know were hes from at this stage

The golfer or the footballer?
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Onlooker

rodney trotter

Quote from: sheamy on August 01, 2013, 10:53:47 PM
club AND county in one county? Holy Christ, well done Rory!

I take it all back.

:D

Dinny Breen

That kind of backfired...
#newbridgeornowhere

Maguire01

Quote from: BluestackBoy on August 01, 2013, 06:01:14 PM
Quote from: Maguire01 on August 01, 2013, 05:46:29 PM
They're sounding like very sore losers at this stage - making fools of themselves.

I agree with you 100% maguire....if they lose. If they win they will look like geniuses.

It's all or nothing.
Well I suppose we have our answer.

BennyHarp

To be fair, Jimmy was very gracious in his interview after the game
That was never a square ball!!

INDIANA

Quote from: BennyHarp on August 04, 2013, 06:10:25 PM
To be fair, Jimmy was very gracious in his interview after the game

after a hiding like that he had to be!

Sidney

If there's one thing today's match shows it's the urgent need for a tiered All-Ireland championship.

Having a team like Donegal in a match like this renders the whole competition a joke.

It's no good for anybody. Spectators, but most of all players. The minnows need something realistic to aim at.

Duty of care.

yellowcard

Wouldn't be too hard on McGuinness I think judging from his post match comments and demeanour he was very gracious in defeat. His earlier statement I think was an attempt to rally the troops and nothing more. Whether you like his style of play or not ( and I don't think too many do) today just emphasised what an incredible job he done to bring such a group of ordinary footballers to an AI title. I would go as far as to say that individually they were the weakest AI champions in living memory in terms of pure talent. McGuinness deep down probably knew this day would come. His project is only sustainable on a short term basis and I would love to see him ply his trade either with another county or in another field altogether cos he is the best manager in the game.

Maguire01

Gracious in defeat is all well and good - and it's not like there's much choice when you've been comprehensively hammered. The crap before the game was still uncalled for.