Started by tyronefan, July 27, 2013, 10:20:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sandy Hill

Quote from: tyssam5 on August 06, 2013, 09:49:25 PM
Quote from: supersarsfields on August 06, 2013, 05:17:54 PM
Quote from: Jinxy on August 06, 2013, 04:29:48 PM
Penrose had to go lads.
Surely you can see that.

I'd agree. and as I said earlier Penrose seemed to be on a mission during the first half, and was getting involved in niggly crap.
But equally, people calling for Gormley to be red carded are way of the ball.

Penrose was a polite clean tackling young lad when he was with Aghyarn, wonder what happened him since! :)

Read today's Irish Times, Page 14, to find out!!!!
"Stercus accidit"

EC Unique

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on August 06, 2013, 04:25:56 PM
So you are admitting he struck him? Take the rose-tinted glasses off

Quote5.1 To strike or attempt to strike and opponent with head, arm, elbow, hand or knee

Yes. I should have said. A strike is a strike and be deserved to go. My gripe is with the grabbing eye in pain when the strike connected with the shoulder. Pathetic.

reddgnhand

Quote from: Jinxy on August 06, 2013, 04:29:48 PM
Penrose had to go lads.
Surely you can see that.

Yes should have went to the changing rooms instead of going looking agro.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Mone shouldn't have run over to involve himself either, never mind the pathetic simulation!  :P
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

reddgnhand

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on August 07, 2013, 12:00:45 AM
Mone shouldn't have run over to involve himself either, never mind the pathetic simulation!  :P

Fear I was furious when the incident happened and it wasn't with Mone.

Archie Mitchell

Joe even said that Mone deserved it in the half time analysis.

jodyb

Quote from: reddgnhand on August 07, 2013, 12:08:34 AM

Awk lads, would ye listen to yourselves? Barry cassidy has his arm round mone, Reilly is about two metres behind him, the other linesman about two metres in front of him. Penrose runs round and throws a dig. Regardless of where it connected, what in the blue blazes of hell did he think was gonna happen. Obviously it was a momentary lapse of sanity, but he was always gonna walk! What the fcuk was he thinking??

orangeman

Quote from: jodyb on August 07, 2013, 12:25:25 AM
Quote from: reddgnhand on August 07, 2013, 12:08:34 AM

Awk lads, would ye listen to yourselves? Barry cassidy has his arm round mone, Reilly is about two metres behind him, the other linesman about two metres in front of him. Penrose runs round and throws a dig. Regardless of where it connected, what in the blue blazes of hell did he think was gonna happen. Obviously it was a momentary lapse of sanity, but he was always gonna walk! What the fcuk was he thinking??

What did Dessie say to Penrose to evoke such rage and reaction from Penrose ?

cluaineois

"I'll not repeat what he said to me in the first half, the referee shouldn't be saying that!" Hughes claimed, querying why Joe McQuillan (the original appointee) was taken off the game.
Tyrone v Monaghan 2011
Cormac Reilly had an absolute stinker again last saturday, cant understand why muppets like him are given major games like this given that he has history
once your a clone your never alone

Wee Roddy

I have heard Dessie was doing a little bit of very insulting sledging.....right in front of and within hearing distance of the afore mentioned linesman. I was thinking at the time this must have happened because it just isn't Penroses game at all.

take_yer_points

Mone should've got the line along with Penrose

sammymaguire

Quote from: take_yer_points on August 07, 2013, 01:37:17 PM

What for? He didn't strike anyone?
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

take_yer_points

Quote from: sammymaguire on August 07, 2013, 01:48:35 PM
Quote from: take_yer_points on August 07, 2013, 01:37:17 PM

What for? He didn't strike anyone?

Yes he did - clear as day - he hit himself a box in the mouth  ;)

God14

It was noticeable on Saturday past the amount of times Tyrone interchanged players. For example take the full forward line -  at different stages in the second half alone - Colm Cavanagh, Conor Clarke, Mattie Donnelly, Ronan O'Neill, Darren McCurry, SON... possibly Aidan Cassidy as well, all had a short spell in that two man full forward line. Peter Harte had a brief spell there at the end of the first half.
What was the thinking here? Was it to give a breather to different lads (bearing in mind it was our 5th game in 6 weeks?)
Or was it to confuse some of the Monaghan players - who they were picking up in the 14v14 to take some of the sting out of them?
There was also a lot of switching going on with the sweeper role. Obviously we have seen this done before, but never to the extent of Saturday past.
Can we expect to see more of this V Mayo?

trileacman

Quote from: Maguire01 on August 06, 2013, 09:17:26 PM
Penrose deserved to go for the sheer stupidity of doing what he did right in front of the officials.

Agreed, not truly a red card since he shoved him in the chest, but all the preceeding actions by Penrose built up to this. The straw that broke the camels back really.

Gormley's incident isn't a red. Threw Mone's hand back at him.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014