The provincial championships..

Started by Jinxy, July 21, 2013, 05:48:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jinxy

everyone who wants to get rid of them, line up in a row for a swift dig in the ribs!
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Qwerty28

Took the guts of 35 games to get the first proper shock! Donegal a tied team and impossible to keep intensity and freshness going for 3 years straight.

Jinxy

Zulu

Rubbish, absolutely rubbish. The more you guys make nonsensical arguments for their retention the clearer it becomes for their abolishment.

Jinxy

armaghniac

What's nonsensical about the arguments? Monaghan have a great day, next year every Ulster county bar Antrim has a chance and perhaps home advantage will help Antrim in the future.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Syferus

Jinxy

Plenty of division 2 and 3 teams still going strong.

Zulu

It's nonsensical because you can't take the odd result and hold it up as a reason for retaining them. It would be just as nonsensical for me to highlight the Connacht final as a reason to abolish them. Neither the Monaghan result or Mayo stroll are reasons to retain or abolish the provincial championships and to try and make an argument on that basis is madness.

armaghniac

In the last 20 years 7 of 9 Ulster counties have won, Armagh's dominance was a blip. Few GAA competitions are as balanced.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: armaghniac on July 21, 2013, 06:09:19 PM
In the last 20 years 7 of 9 Ulster counties have won, Armagh's dominance was a blip. Few GAA competitions are as balanced.

Typical Ulster shite

In the last 20 years every Connacht county including London (excluding New York) have competed in the Final. 57.143% of competing teams have won a title and 80% of Connacht proper counties have won a title.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

From the Bunker

Quote from: armaghniac on July 21, 2013, 06:09:19 PM

Pure Rubbish!

Before today you had to go back to 1998 to get a winner other than Donegal, Tyrone or Armagh. Cavan have only won one title since 1969, that was in 1997. Down have not won since 1994. Derry since 1998. Antrim have not won one in over 60 years. And Fermanagh have never won one. Balanced me hole!

Jinxy

Quote from: Zulu on July 21, 2013, 06:04:40 PM
It's nonsensical because you can't take the odd result and hold it up as a reason for retaining them. It would be just as nonsensical for me to highlight the Connacht final as a reason to abolish them. Neither the Monaghan result or Mayo stroll are reasons to retain or abolish the provincial championships and to try and make an argument on that basis is madness.

I'm arguing for their retention on the basis that they have an unrivaled capacity to bring sheer unadulterated joy to counties that more than likely will not win an All-Ireland any time soon.
You need to understand how important that is; from a social, community and games promotion perspective.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Jinxy on July 21, 2013, 06:21:13 PM
Quote from: Zulu on July 21, 2013, 06:04:40 PM

I'm arguing for their retention on the basis that they have an unrivaled capacity to bring sheer unadulterated joy to counties that more than likely will not win an All-Ireland any time soon.
You need to understand how important that is; from a social, community and games promotion perspective.

I agree, its fun beating Galway by one point or 101 points.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

armaghniac

Mayogodhelpus I used Ulster as an example, I don't see that my example was shite or even inappropriate.

And I did say that Armagh had distorted Ulster in recent years, in the decade before Armagh's run Derry, Down etc were involved.