All-Ireland Minor Football Championship 2013

Started by Syferus, July 21, 2013, 05:16:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Obvious

Tyrone will be pretty confident, they rarely lose All Ireland semi finals at this level and Mayo awaiting who rarely win finals at any level.

Syferus

Quote from: Captain Obvious on August 31, 2013, 03:33:48 PM
Tyrone will be pretty confident, they rarely lose All Ireland semi finals at this level and Mayo awaiting who rarely win finals at any level.

If ever there is a grade were previous form matters for feck all it's minor.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Syferus on August 31, 2013, 03:39:48 PM

You can't ignore Tyrones record at this level and Ulster sides have won nine out of the last fifteen minor All Irelands.

Syferus

Quote from: Captain Obvious on August 31, 2013, 03:51:19 PM

You can't ignore Tyrones record at this level and Ulster sides have won nine out of the last fifteen minor All Irelands.

The most important Ulster-focussed result right now is the Ulster champions being kicked around like a play-thing by Mayo and even that has little bearing on the rest of the championship.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Syferus on August 31, 2013, 03:55:52 PM

The most important Ulster-focussed result right now is the Ulster champions being kicked around like a play-thing by Mayo and even that has little bearing on the rest of the championship.

You can give Monaghan the benefit of the doubt, first Ulster minor football title since 1945 and probably over celebrated it.

Syferus

Quote from: Captain Obvious on August 31, 2013, 04:12:11 PM
Quote from: Syferus on August 31, 2013, 03:55:52 PM

You can give Monaghan the benefit of the doubt, first Ulster minor football title since 1945 and probably over celebrated it.

Given they beat Tipp in the intervening period that's one hell of a delayed reaction to celebrating.

Syferus

I see the Graham Geraghty-headed one reckons the poor Rossies might be flusterated by Tyrone's cynical play.

Hope the referees keep an eye on that, we don't want any of our lambs slaughtered by Mickey's men.

Rossfan

Thanks to the rhus for the good wishes ( or are ye looking for a handy oul final?)

With underage teams it all so much  "on the day". and of course what was the standard in each Province this year.
Rubbish about what happened over the last 10 years or in Croke Park last year has no bearing on tomorrow's games as Captainly Obvious and shoud be to Syfínín too that Minor teams have to change every year.
Good luck to our lads and hopefully we'll be looking forward to a ticket scramble for the rest of the month.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

ross matt

Best of luck to FOD & the Ross Minors. Here's to an all Connacht minor AIF.

Chimley

Quote from: Rossfan on August 31, 2013, 09:03:40 PM
Thanks to the rhus for the good wishes ( or are ye looking for a handy oul final?)

With underage teams it all so much  "on the day". and of course what was the standard in each Province this year.
Rubbish about what happened over the last 10 years or in Croke Park last year has no bearing on tomorrow's games as Captainly Obvious and shoud be to Syfínín too that Minor teams have to change every year.
Good luck to our lads and hopefully we'll be looking forward to a ticket scramble for the rest of the month.

I for one genuinely hope the Rossies win tomorrow. If that means that they go on to avenge their Connacht final defeat as I fear they might, then good luck to them. I suspect though that Mayo's forwards are well capable of putting up cricket scores against any defence so it will be good fun to watch. 

macdanger2

Good luck to the Rossies, I think O'Donnell's experience on the line could be key.

From a Mayo point of view, I'd rather play Tyrone in the final as I think the Rossies might have learned more from the last day in McHale

omagh_gael

Good luck to our lads this afternoon.  May the best team win.

Syferus

Only the best get to play ball in September. I expect an all mighty battle and I hope we can just edge it.

Ye have already made us enormously proud, lads, so go out there and enjoy the big stage.

(And thanks to the Rhus for the vote of confidence, though the ceasefire will end at 3pm if we have our way :'()

under the bar

Good Luck to Tyrone minors.   Hopefully they won't get undone by partizan free state refereeing

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.