Paul Grimley - Statement to Armagh fans

Started by ranch, May 23, 2013, 12:04:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

orangeman

Quote from: clarshack on May 23, 2013, 09:58:42 AM
cant believe that statement was released. was better off saying nothing.

Best do your talking on the pitch.

T Fearon

We now need a new manager and an Alistair Campbell like PR Guru to sort the mess out :(

naka

jez
cringeworthy
best to shut up and focus on 29 June.

PG must be getting some internal flak over sunday to come out with this
hopefully we get a run and see where we go but l foresee us getting either Down or donegal

theticklemister

Brolly is looking something like this right now.

warrie

The man made a total BO****KS of himself last Sunday and anyone who watches matches regular could see he Mr Grimly was devoid yes devoid of any game plan. How in the name of god could a manager allow a full match to be played with just one on one with Dunne the man had not got a clue. He states they must get plan A working first before they try plan B we all know that you must always have a plan B if plan A is not working. He also goes on to say the plan B will take months if not years to work well his plan A will never work yet he intends to continue with it. Unless he draws a very weak team in the qualifiers Armagh's year will be short.

omagh_gael

It must be a bit disconcerting that to change a marker or drop a man back in front of your full back line could take months or a year to perfect.

NAG1

Quote from: omagh_gael on May 23, 2013, 11:49:03 AM
It must be a bit disconcerting that to change a marker or drop a man back in front of your full back line could take months or a year to perfect.

No no Omagh, it will take a year to perfect that only after plan A is polished. Which if they only get one more game this year could be god knows when, so dont be expecting plan B any time soon.

RealSpiritof98

Quote from: T Fearon on May 23, 2013, 10:15:58 AM
We now need a new manager and an Alistair Campbell like PR Guru to sort the mess out :(

Did AVB resign?

The shit that was being spouted on the county forum has obv forced his hand. Like Benny neither embarrassed or thrilled with statement and like BC1, get the frig on with it.

T Fearon

I demand that Paul Grimley addresses the nation on live tv this evening, immediately after the 6 0'Clock Angelus, the most solemn part of the day

T Fearon

I also think that all Armagh Fans need a Victim's Commissioner to address the hurt caused by our Senior Management team. Anyone know Willie Frazer's number?

rosnarun

I think hes spot on actally if you read the statement.
People are always going on about fundamental changes needed and that is what he is trying to do with an Armagh team that have been going nowhere for the last few years .
major fundamental changes take a long time and changing your manager after every loss is the surest way you get nowhere with a  multitude of half arsed quick fix solutions and celebrity managers who bleed County board dry before riding off into the sunset.
it always amazes me how little appetite most people have for real changes esp if there is any cost involved
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

T Fearon

The next logical step for Paul, after a proof reader has been identified of course!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22637808

Bingo

I'd say he rang his old pal The Banty and asked him for advice, it was a bad line though and he ended up here. The Banty was great at planting a story in the media and sticking a few names to it

armaghniac

This statement is a bit off the wall. The thing to do adjust the plan and beat a non minnow team in the qualifiers, talk is not going to do that.

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Canalman

The more I hear and see about this guy (PG) the more I like him. Respect his way of playing football and they would have won on Sunday if they had better footballers.
Imo he will leave  the Armagh players better off than when he got them when he finishes up.

We have plenty of whingers here and on the media (especially) giving out about bland press conferences and after match interviews ................. yet PG and his team will take the flak for their openness. You cannot win sometimes.

Both he and Jim Gavin are ploughing a lone furrow and hope both (obviously in one instance) do very well this year.