Fundraising for Suicide Prevention Group

Started by brokencrossbar1, April 30, 2013, 11:30:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Count 10

Fair play to you...I couldn't run a bath ;)

Oraisteach

Good man, BCB.  Hope you raised a decent amount.

Tony Baloney

Good effort BC1. 19 miles more than I could have done. You'll be back!

TacadoirArdMhacha

Well some on getting as far as you did BC. A couple of your old footballing adversaries would have been on the same route! Fantastic achievement to raise as much as you have for a great cause and I think your openness is commendable and hopefully  acts as an inspiration to others to think different about this issue.

And as for the run, it could have been worse;

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NIBuREwNur4
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Orior

A good effort BCB.

I didnt get down to my folks house until it was all over so I didnt get to offer you encouragement as you trod along the Canal Bank.

Doing 26 mile without proper training is a tough gig, even for a young buck.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Bingo

When the body says No, there is nothing you can do. Hope the recovery is swift and remember, the easiest way down or up the stairs is backwards!

Fair play for taking on the challenge and the money raised is the big result in this.

The brother was over and done the half, said it was very warm for it, so it wouldn't have helped.

5 Sams

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on May 26, 2013, 06:10:26 PM
Ah jesus, I bloody had to pull up.  Was trotting on nicely tge first half, bang on taget for what I wanted to run around 15 miles I started feeling a knotting in my left calf.  In an effort to keep going I over compensated on the other leg.  I weny on until just before 20 till both calves simply gave up.  I couldn't walk with the pain and I have never experienced the like of it pain wise before.   I have broken ankles, dislocated collarbones but I was in more pain with this. Anyway,  I have not left the couch since I got home.
Fcuk it lad great effort for a great cause. What did u raise in the end?
The Aristocrat Years

BarryBreensBandage

"Some people say I am indecisive..... maybe I am, maybe I'm not".

orangeman

Great effort in getting to 20 mile. Well done. Hope you get well soon.

Milltown Row2

Brilliant stuff, only did 14.5 not so long ago and was wrecked afterwards so I feel your pain. Great work with the rasing of money for a great cause
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

illdecide

Just stuck a few quid in there pal...for a good cause. Done a few cycles for PIPS in Lurgan...

Well done on the run and amount raised.

illdecide
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

lynchbhoy

well done BC. heck of a dstance and the important part was raising the money !

muppet

20 miles, well done BCB.

I still can't do 20 minutes.  :'(
MWWSI 2017

Declan

brokencrossbar1

So after the legs have settled back to normality I am giving it 1 more burst for sponsorship.  There has to be a cut-off point so I am shutting the page down next Monday, the 10th, so if anyone else wants to a donation have a wee look in and spare a few shekels for an old ex footballer!!!

Please Donate Here!