Donegal on slippery slope?

Started by ck, April 08, 2013, 09:06:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

INDIANA

Quote from: heffo on April 09, 2013, 08:50:49 PM
Quote from: muppet on April 09, 2013, 08:34:32 PM
Quote from: J70 on April 09, 2013, 07:17:55 PM
The medical records (docs, hospital) should prove if it was a bite.

Exactly.

Hopefully. Hopefully we'll see them published too.

As I said already if a Dublin player is found to have done this I want a lengthy ban - if he hasn't there should be sanctions the other way.

If this is found to be untrue Donegal should have the book thrown at them.

ck

Quote from: INDIANA on April 09, 2013, 10:42:59 PM

Exactly.

As I said already if a Dublin player is found to have done this I want a lengthy ban - if he hasn't there should be sanctions the other way.

+1
I hope it didnt happen and that if it has been made up then Donegal are in the dock

rrhf

I think for a major incident like this in a game the match result should be awarded to the victim.   
In fact Im sure of it. 

donegal lad

That's very true but what I don't understand is why would he make it up,go to the hospital get a stitch and a tetanus injectection. Would of been easier to make up a number of other things that could happen in a game in my opinion anyway. And incase people aren't aware county players aren't required to wear a gum shield yet so it is possible to bite someone (honestly hope it's a mistake as its New low for the sport otherwise)

Hound

My guess is there was a bite, and if there was, then the Dublin player should be suspended for it.

But I also believe there was an element of "dramatic effect" with Donegal sending him to hospital get a bruise examined. There was no laceration, no blood, no stitching of the "wound".

RMDrive

Quote from: INDIANA on April 09, 2013, 10:42:59 PM

Exactly.

If this is true I hope the Dublin management team move quickly to get rid of the sc**bag and don't try to engage in some sort of cover up.

RMDrive

Quote from: Hound on April 10, 2013, 08:05:19 AM
My guess is there was a bite, and if there was, then the Dublin player should be suspended for it.

But I also believe there was an element of "dramatic effect" with Donegal sending him to hospital get a bruise examined. There was no laceration, no blood, no stitching of the "wound".

Jesus you dubs are unreal. He was sent to the hospital to get a tetanus shot and antibiotics. Which I'd say is standard practice if someone is bitten by an animal.

Give me one reason why McBrearty would make this up?

Hound

Quote from: RMDrive on April 10, 2013, 08:14:40 AM

Jesus you dubs are unreal. He was sent to the hospital to get a tetanus shot and antibiotics. Which I'd say is standard practice if someone is bitten by an animal.

Personally, I'm not accusing Donegal of making it up. I'm accusing them of exaggerating it. Firstly they called it a laceration to the shoulder. Then they called it a graze.

The Dublin official who examined it, says it was a bruise.

I'd say the hospital staff had an interesting time trying to stitch a bruise.

My own belief is that if Donegal had held on for the win and not been relegated, then there would have been no hospital visit. Even ignoring the phantom laceration and phantom stitch, antibiotics and tetanus for a bite through a jersey which did not break skin is a tad extreme.

Not that I'm excusing the alleged action. As we all know getting spat in the face is a despicable act. Once wiped away it causes absoutely no harm to the victim but the feeling you're left with can last a long time. Biting is worse again, even where little or no damage is done. If its proven to be true I would want a long ban for the player, regardless of whether Donegal have played it up.

trueblue1234

Quote from: Hound on April 10, 2013, 09:12:52 AM

Personally, I'm not accusing Donegal of making it up. I'm accusing them of exaggerating it. Firstly they called it a laceration to the shoulder. Then they called it a graze.

My own belief is that if Donegal had held on for the win and not been relegated, then there would have been no hospital visit. Even ignoring the phantom laceration and phantom stitch, antibiotics and tetanus for a bite through a jersey which did not break skin is a tad extreme.

Not that I'm excusing the alleged action. As we all know getting spat in the face is a despicable act. Once wiped away it causes absoutely no harm to the victim but the feeling you're left with can last a long time. Biting is worse again, even where little or no damage is done. If its proven to be true I would want a long ban for the player, regardless of whether Donegal have played it up.

Your assuming the Dublin version of the injury is the correct one. That's not necessarily true. And if the skin was broken for even a small graze as a result of a bite the team doctor would err on the side of caution and get a tetanus.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

squire_in_navy_slacks

Quote from: Hound on April 10, 2013, 09:12:52 AM

Because dali lama mc Guinness and his pet gallagher told the impressionable teenage too............

In all seriousness Donegal need to name names here............................if its true, then he will suffer his faith, not good, desperate infact.................Ive a feeling theres more to this

Fuzzman

It sounds like there was some sort of incident as the Dublin doctor admitted there was a bruise.
Now naturally enough he's gonna be defensive and say its not too bad and usually when you see a bite mark it is very rarely broken skin unless it was a VERY serious bite. If it had been then I think Donegal would be a LOT more vocal.

I presume nobody saw it during the match so if that is the case you'd have to rule out the stud scenario. With the match being televised you'd imagine that it must have happened off the ball or coming off at half time.

It sure is disgraceful but lets not kid ourselves there have been other similar incidents over the years. I can think of the one when Nicholas Walshe bit Sean Cavanagh back in 2003/2005.
You would imagine it will be hard for Donegal to prove and so I won't be surprised if nothing comes of it

I'd say McBrearty was probably not too keen to go to the hospital and make it into a bigger deal as he knew there would be repercussions for him. Can you imagine now if the two teams meet in the AI final or semi and the amount of abuse he's gonna get from the Dubs.
No wonder he wants to sweep it under the carpet and get back playing ball.

ck

Who says McBrearty wants to sweep it under the carpet?? He obviously brought it to the attention of his management and medical team.
Apparently the northern papers are stating that Dublin are denying it. If they say it didnt happen and know that it did then shame on them and may they suffer a hefty fine and suspension when video is analysed. As a neutral I suspect that it may not have happened, St.Jimmy is no saint and any game I've seen his side kick Gallagher is an absolute shit stirrer, running on to the pitch mouthing and bumping into opposition players. He gets away with allot at times, egged on by St.Jimmy. I suspect Donegal are exaggerating this but if there is a bite then there is a bite and Dublin will and should suffer at the hands of a disciplinary investigation as a result. Either way this is a very serious situation.

J70

Who the f**k ever claimed Jim McGuinness is a "saint"??  ;D

rodney trotter

As a neutral too, why would you doubt it happened? It is being dealt with by the CCCC, they aren't going to name somebody until they have looked at the case

J70

Unless it was caught on camera, I doubt if we'll ever know who did it.