4 coaches 1 player

Started by GalwayBayBoy, March 14, 2013, 02:01:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GalwayBayBoy

http://www.hoganstand.com/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=187773

QuoteOne player turns up for county training!

14 March 2013

Four coaches for one player

Kilkenny football reached a new low last weekend...

The county minor selectors organised a training session to try to get some preparatory work in ahead of this year's Leinster MFC, but only one player showed up.

Four coaches were present, hoping to put the players through their paces.

Two clubs made contact with the organisers saying they would be unable to participate but the rest didn't even bother.

Brendan O'Sullivan from the Development Squads told Monday night's County Board meeting: "Heads go down when you mention football in the county.

"Clubs actively discourage lads from coming in. What happened was insulting to the lads involved, the other team officials and myself, and to the county.

"Give some chance to the youngsters or we can actually forget about football altogether."

SLIGONIAN

"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

Rossfan

Time to amalgamate them with Carlow  ???
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

spuds

"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard

Dinny Breen

They're playing Kildare in the 1st round, will do neither team any benefit.
#newbridgeornowhere

Rossfan

Quote from: Dinny Breen on March 14, 2013, 04:20:41 PM
Especially with that silly system ye have in Leinster where if you lose Round 1 you get back in but if you lose in Round 2 it's out ya go ::)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

rodney trotter

Does anything else exist in Kilkenny besides Hurling. Cavan don't have a Senior Hurling team, but put in a great effort under age from u14 to Minor level to at least compete.

Kilkenny City use to have a team in the League of Ireland First Division, until 2008, one of the reasons for pulling out along with poor finance, was shite attendances - all attending Hurling possibly.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Rossfan on March 14, 2013, 04:29:09 PM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on March 14, 2013, 04:20:41 PM
Especially with that silly system ye have in Leinster where if you lose Round 1 you get back in but if you lose in Round 2 it's out ya go ::)

True, although the Kildare minors have never got a second chance in Leinster. You had the farcical situation three year ago where they beat Dublin in round 1 and then again after 2 replays in the quarter-finals.
#newbridgeornowhere

Nally Stand

"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

magpie seanie

Football is an alien game in Kilkenny. They're right not to bother with it.

muppet

In some places the 4 coaches would be paid to shout and run the crap out of the one player.
MWWSI 2017

Jinxy

I hope he learned something.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Jinxy on March 14, 2013, 05:53:56 PM
I hope he learned something.

Yeah, he learned not to bother his f**king hole the next time!

From the Bunker

Ah, Kilkenny and their county football teams.  :-\  Just because it's a county, does not mean they have to enter a team into competition to get hammered. If there is a player/players good enough they should be able to throw their lot in with another neighbouring county. But throwing together a team for the sake of it, does nobody any good.

magpie seanie

Quote from: From the Bunker on March 14, 2013, 06:18:56 PM
Ah, Kilkenny and their county football teams.  :-\  Just because it's a county, does not mean they have to enter a team into competition to get hammered. If there is a player/players good enough they should be able to throw their lot in with another neighbouring county. But throwing together a team for the sake of it, does nobody any good.

I agree completely.

We sent a group of lads over the Warwickshire last weekend......