Mayo vs Kildare Sat Mar 16th

Started by sans pessimism, March 13, 2013, 04:26:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sans pessimism

Will we finally get our ass in gear for the
full 70 mins and shake off the winter rustiness,
or will the Lillywhites prove that last Sunday
was just a bad day at the office for them.
"So Boys stick together
in all kinds of weather"

Dinny Breen

Kildare haven't beaten Mayo in over 11 years in League or Championship. That record will continue. Kildare have achieved their primary league goal of Division 1 status retention, have gone into experimental mode, the u21s will be unavailable and confidence will have been hammered by last weeks trimming. Most realistic Kildare's fans will be looking for a performance from our middle 8 and for some players to start laying markers, centre-back and midfield both up for grabs. Good crowd as always traveling up for the game.
#newbridgeornowhere

Donnellys Hollow

I'm flying back home from Cheltenham on Saturday morning. How long would the drive from Dublin Airport to Castlebar take?

I don't remember ever being to a match there. I think the last time Kildare played in Mayo it was in Ballina.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

muppet

Quote from: Dinny Breen on March 13, 2013, 04:54:08 PM
Kildare haven't beaten Mayo in over 11 years in League or Championship. That record will continue. Kildare have achieved their primary league goal of Division 1 status retention, have gone into experimental mode, the u21s will be unavailable and confidence will have been hammered by last weeks trimming. Most realistic Kildare's fans will be looking for a performance from our middle 8 and for some players to start laying markers, centre-back and midfield both up for grabs. Good crowd as always traveling up for the game.

Worse than Heffo!
MWWSI 2017

spuds

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on March 13, 2013, 07:56:52 PM
I'm flying back home from Cheltenham on Saturday morning. How long would the drive from Dublin Airport to Castlebar take?

I don't remember ever being to a match there. I think the last time Kildare played in Mayo it was in Ballina.
Do it in 3 hours on a Saturday no bother.
"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard

muppet

Quote from: spuds on March 13, 2013, 08:13:57 PM

2 15 max!
MWWSI 2017

Donnellys Hollow

Thanks lads. I might pop home for a few hours before setting off again so.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

bucko

Quote from: muppet on March 13, 2013, 08:17:28 PM

2 15 max!
....+ 2 penalty points!!!😜

muppet

Quote from: bucko on March 13, 2013, 09:38:06 PM
Quote from: muppet on March 13, 2013, 08:17:28 PM

2 15 max!
....+ 2 penalty points!!!😜

Ming will sort you out.
MWWSI 2017

the Deel Rover

Those were the days .
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

ballinaman

Quote from: the Deel Rover on March 14, 2013, 09:42:14 AM

Those were the days .
I remember the place being wedged for a Leitrim game in 97 I think. Played Donegal and Cork there much more recently though.

the Deel Rover

Quote from: ballinaman on March 14, 2013, 10:39:08 AM
Quote from: the Deel Rover on March 14, 2013, 09:42:14 AM

Those were the days .
I remember the place being wedged for a Leitrim game in 97 I think. Played Donegal and Cork there much more recently though.

And there would be a great atmosphere ballinaman, the crowd were right beside the players. I remember Kerry played Mayo in Crossmolina in the 80's. Jesus it was mighty they came down on a Saturday evening there was a parade to greet them, they met all the young children in the town signing autographs (I got a few signed on a empty 20 Major cigarette box  :D ) the town was full that night and then they played the match the next day and you couldn't get room to stand in the place.
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

Crete Boom

Hopefully if we can sustain our good patches of play in recent games for longer periods I think we could shade this game due to home advantage. I would like to see Jason Gibbons , Shane MacHale and Evan Reegan get a bit more game time on Sat night.Keegan should get a go at CHB too and a couple of goals would be nice. It will be interesting to see how much of a backlash there is from Kildare as a win for them will guarantee a league semifinal place.

highorlow

Any team announced? Carolan deserves another run out, played well the last night. Maybe we can unearth a forward line after all.

They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

Lar Naparka

Quote from: highorlow on March 15, 2013, 09:58:21 AM
Any team announced? Carolan deserves another run out, played well the last night. Maybe we can unearth a forward line after all.
I'd say Carolan is likely to stake a place on the championship fifteen but I can't see any other who wasn't around last September. There will be very few forward places up for grabs when Andy, Alan and Cillian return. I think Doherty and probably Conroy will make up the rest.
Lots may change in the meantime but that's how it's shaping up for me.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi