Armagh dump bus toliet contents outside Roscommon GAA ground

Started by Syferus, March 13, 2013, 03:09:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

TUESDAY, MARCH 12, 2013
Athleague Hurling Club is to lodge a complaint concerning the release of the contents of a bus toilet outside the club's grounds on Sunday.  After the  Roscommon v Armagh hurling game game it was discovered that "somebody pulled the lever" of the Armagh team bus and the contents of the bus toilet made for an unpleasant sight right outside the GAA grounds.

Athleague was hosting the National Hurling League clash between Roscommon and Armagh hurlers and members of the Athleague Club are disgusted with the incident.

Liam Ross, Hurling Officer with the Armagh Hurling Board, who travelled on the team bus with the Armagh panel, said he "hadn't heard anything about it" when contacted by the Roscommon Herald. "There was no mention of anything like that from anyone or the players on the bus home," he said.

Gerry Naughton, Chairman of Athleague Club, said his club was  going to make a formal complaint. "This behaviour is unacceptable," he said.

Armagh Hurling Officer Liam Ross did point out that the Armagh players were very disappointed that the showers weren't working properly. County teams normally use the new dressing rooms, but the county board instructed the Athleague club to make the old dressing rooms available for the teams on Sunday.

"The showers were very cold. It seems that there was no electricity in the dressing rooms. It wouldn't be a level you'd expect nowadays. I've no doubt that the Roscommon footballers wouldn't take it. It's not what we'd be used to  from the Athletic Grounds. I played there 30 years ago and nothing has changed," said the hurling officer.

County Board Chairman Anthony Flaherty said the county team had been using the showers in Athleague three times a week for training and there was never an issue with the showers.

http://www.roscommonherald.ie/2013/03/12/contents-of-team-bus-toilet-dumped-outide-athleague-gaa-grounds/

Jesus lads, I know it's tough losing to us so much but you won this bloody game!  :D

God14

Nally Stand

"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Fear ón Srath Bán

"Don't be dumping that shit on us!", shrieked a flushed Gerry Naughton, as the bus slid around the bend.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Hardy

magpie seanie

Quote from: AQMP on March 13, 2013, 04:16:35 PM
Every county has buses like these.

I'd say it was a Tyrone bus driver that did it. He was ragin at being called an apple-chomper in the wrong.

Syferus

To be fair, even Bobby Sands would be proud of such a heroic stand again tyranny and oppression.

For thirty years - a generation, nay, more - Armagh hurlers accepted the cold, watery abuse Athleague's showers threw at them.

No longer.

Wildweasel74

Should held it back for the next time they were in Laois lol

muppet

Crappy thing to do. He faeces a long ban as it was the turd time he did it.
MWWSI 2017

sans pessimism

Quote from: muppet on March 13, 2013, 06:34:25 PM
Y'er takin the piss ;D
"So Boys stick together
in all kinds of weather"

ardal

Fecking jounalists make a stink out of anything.

Can't they just bog down and do a decent job(by).

They really need to JOHN the rest of us decent minded folks

crossfire

Quote from: muppet on March 13, 2013, 06:34:25 PM

Very Poetic

Armaghgeddon

If I was from Roscommon I wouldn't be taking any shit from anyone  :D

spuds

My father always tells us when heading to games in Roscommon to not give them hoors nothing. Pay at the gate of the ground and not to bring any sh1t home with us.
"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard