Ladies GAA

Started by Norf Tyrone, February 13, 2013, 12:54:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eamonnca1

Quote from: Hardy on February 16, 2013, 12:36:20 AM
I can't give you a date, but I think if you suggested to an American athlete the she was involved in a "ladies'" sport you might want to make sure you knew where the nearest exit was. When did you last hear of ladies' boxing, athletics, sailing, skitttles, whatever? Not to labour the point, but "ladies" these days will ask you why you don't speak of "gentlemen's" football, etc.

Here's the Wimbledon Ladies' Singles Draw from the Wimbledon club's own website.

The US President's wife is called the First Lady

It's customary to start any speech with the words "ladies and gentlemen." 

Signs for the jacks say "Gents" and "Ladies".

I hear the word "ladies" used all the time.

I've heard some overreactions to perfectly innocent words in my time, but now "lady" is off limits?  Jesus wept!  ::)

Eamonnca1

Hardy

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on February 16, 2013, 12:56:52 AM
Quote from: Hardy on February 16, 2013, 12:36:20 AM
I can't give you a date, but I think if you suggested to an American athlete the she was involved in a "ladies'" sport you might want to make sure you knew where the nearest exit was. When did you last hear of ladies' boxing, athletics, sailing, skitttles, whatever? Not to labour the point, but "ladies" these days will ask you why you don't speak of "gentlemen's" football, etc.

Here's the Wimbledon Ladies' Singles Draw from the Wimbledon club's own website.

The US President's wife is called the First Lady

It's customary to start any speech with the words "ladies and gentlemen." 

Signs for the jacks say "Gents" and "Ladies".

I hear the word "ladies" used all the time.

I've heard some overreactions to perfectly innocent words in my time, but now "lady" is off limits?  Jesus wept!  ::)

Calm down, old son. Sorry, I mean my dear gentleman.