Buying a car

Started by JimStynes, October 14, 2012, 06:48:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

An Gaeilgoir

Quote from: laoislad on March 27, 2013, 08:08:43 PM
Quote from: An Gaeilgoir on March 27, 2013, 08:02:14 PM
Quote from: laoislad on March 27, 2013, 07:56:30 PM
Anyone here drive a Qashqai? If so what are they like?
Thinking of getting either a Qashqai+2 or a Ford Kuga.
Need something I can let the seats down in so I can use for work but then able put a child seat in when not using it for work.

Well, i had one hired our for the past two weeks, a nice car fully loaded with extras..........good poke in too.

Would ya fit a load of SWA destined for Hammond Lane in it  ;)

I have a transit for that!!

gerrykeegan

Need something I can let the seats down in so I can use for work but then able put a child seat in when not using it for work.

Father in law has one from new, has been a nightmare. its three years old now and has about 20,000kms on it. back to garage three times, they replaced the engine and he still is having problems.
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

Tony Baloney

Loads of ones in work have the Qashqai +2 and no reports of bother. I think the Kuga may come in 2WD or 4WD whereas I think the Qashqai is only 2WD. Qashqai looks bigger to me as the wife's friend has the Kuga which looks like a jacked up Focus. Whether it is or not is another matter.

laoislad

Quote from: gerrykeegan on March 27, 2013, 08:44:06 PM

Father in law has one from new, has been a nightmare. its three years old now and has about 20,000kms on it. back to garage three times, they replaced the engine and he still is having problems.
Thats interesting as every single review I have read has been positive especially about the reliability.
I wonder was he just unlucky? Back in 2000 my auld lad and brother both bought brand new Astras, only difference was the colour. The brother had endless problems with his,the auld lad never had an ounce of trouble with his.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

laoislad

Quote from: Tony Baloney on March 27, 2013, 08:54:04 PM
Loads of ones in work have the Qashqai +2 and no reports of bother. I think the Kuga may come in 2WD or 4WD whereas I think the Qashqai is only 2WD. Qashqai looks bigger to me as the wife's friend has the Kuga which looks like a jacked up Focus. Whether it is or not is another matter.
4WD would not be something I'd need. I think the Qashqai+2 looks better than the Kuga and comes with loads of tech as standard.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

All of a Sludden

Have a look online for reviews, but I'd be looking at something other than the Nissan. A friend of mine is a service manager at a Nissan dealership and he has nothing good to say about them. He drives a Ford. Once the vehicle is out of warranty they don't want to know.
You could also look north for the extra years warranty.
I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: All of a Sludden on March 27, 2013, 09:32:00 PM
Have a look online for reviews, but I'd be looking at something other than the Nissan. A friend of mine is a service manager at a Nissan dealership and he has nothing good to say about them. He drives a Ford. Once the vehicle is out of warranty they don't want to know.
You could also look north for the extra years warranty.
Well is that not the point of a warranty?!  They all get the arm in.

Qashqai came 6th out of 100 in Auto-Express reliability survey. Would say that is more than decent.

All of a Sludden

It came 12th in the JD Power survey, which is surprising, though interestingly Nissan only comes 10th on the manufacturers list.
I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.

stephenite

Anyone any views on Kia Sportage Platinum or Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander?

I know nothing except they look the part and have all the beels and whistles, are they any good? The Kia Sportage seems quite popular out here in Oz