Donegal v Tyrone Ulster Championship

Started by give her dixie, October 04, 2012, 08:24:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

donegal lad

Quote from: Throw ball on March 27, 2013, 12:18:47 AM
Quote from: ck on March 26, 2013, 11:53:05 PM
Ballybofey is a dreary enough wee ground. As a neutral I'm disappointed as its a game I would have gone to but not in Ballybofey as ill not get a ticket.

Sadly I have to agree. Had great seat in 2007 but the exit from the stand was hectic and I know many who thought the standing was too dangerous for young children. I appreciate that Donegal deserve home advantage - and I hope they win - but the ground does need improvements (or did). TV will do for me!
Wouldnt take 2007 as the standard bearer for ballybofey. That was the day the ulster council packed the terrace full as it was pay at the gate (if memory serves me right) I would easily sy there was over 20000 in it that day and ballybofey could never hold that much the terrace were an accident waiting to happen that day

BennyHarp

Quote from: ONeill on March 27, 2013, 12:04:12 AM
Tyrone by 4.

Donegal 0-11
Tyrone 1-12

Donegal scorers: Murphy 0-7 (0-6f, 0-1 45m), McBrearty 0-2 (0-2f), McFadden 0-2 (0-1f)
Tyrone scorers: Harte 1-2 (1-1f), S Cavanagh 0-4 (0-2f), S O'Neill 0-2 (0-1f), Penrose 0-1, Morgan 0-1 (1 45m), McAliskey 0-1, Mark Donnelly 0-1

Was there many bookings?

That was never a square ball!!

J70

What's with this 12000 figure? The whole point of the delay was to give Donegal time to get the ground prepared for 18000. Obviously they've achieved that if approval was granted.

EC Unique

Parking will be some craic but looking forward to the game.

skeog

all ticket game 17500 capacity some scramle for them as this is the ulster final

J70

Never found parking too much bother in Ballybofey, although that's always from the Donegal Town side. Stranorlar end may be different.

Walter Cronc

Parking was grand I thought. In saying that in the Derry/Donegal qualifier a couple of years back there was maybe only 10-12k at it!

J70

Worst parking I ever had was Omagh, although that was partly ignorance. Everyone was parking on the south side of the town on the way in from Irvinestown, so we did the same.  It's about a two mile walk to Healy Park, which is not good with an elderly uncle!

nrico2006

Omagh is as bad as anywhere to park.  Glad Donegal got the game, it was a home tie after all.  Won't prevent a Tyrone win though.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Fuzzman

It certainly gives them a good advantage nrico as being AI champs and with a passionate full house it certainly gives them a psychological edge I'd say.
Then of course if things aren't going there way early on it could lead to the opposite with fans getting frustrating and the players feeling the pressure.

When was the last time we met Donegal in Ballybofey in the first round? I've no recollection of any championship match in my time.

Anyone got any pics of how the place looks now?

Re parking in Omagh I was always lucky enough to come from the Gortin Rd side so had never to far to walk. I'm actually relieved this  match isn't in Omagh as I never liked 1st round games in Omagh.

theticklemister

Quote from: Walter Cronc on March 27, 2013, 02:09:51 PM
Parking was grand I thought. In saying that in the Derry/Donegal qualifier a couple of years back there was maybe only 10-12k at it!

Yer balls. 5 thousand at most.

Walter Cronc

Quote from: theticklemister on March 27, 2013, 03:54:51 PM

It wasnt in Celtic park Tickle ;)

RMDrive

Quote from: Fuzzman on March 27, 2013, 03:45:44 PM
It certainly gives them a good advantage nrico as being AI champs and with a passionate full house it certainly gives them a psychological edge I'd say.
Then of course if things aren't going there way early on it could lead to the opposite with fans getting frustrating and the players feeling the pressure.

When was the last time we met Donegal in Ballybofey in the first round? I've no recollection of any championship match in my time.

Anyone got any pics of how the place looks now?

Re parking in Omagh I was always lucky enough to come from the Gortin Rd side so had never to far to walk. I'm actually relieved this  match isn't in Omagh as I never liked 1st round games in Omagh.

Jesus lads, don't be expecting anything new! AFAIK it was only a bit of work on the terrace barriers and additional turnstiles.

theticklemister

Quote from: Walter Cronc on March 27, 2013, 03:59:14 PM
Quote from: theticklemister on March 27, 2013, 03:54:51 PM

It wasnt in Celtic park Tickle ;)

What year did dun na ngall beat us when Enda Lynn missed that sitter at the end to tie it up. It was a qualifier game at Ballybofey?

i have a terrible memory for things like this.