Connacht Senior Football Club Championship 2012

Started by Syferus, September 11, 2012, 05:09:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

Quote from: Rossfan on November 11, 2012, 05:55:10 PM
Who will the Ros fans in Traitortown support in this one?

Did your mammy give you the kkeys to the drinks cabinet or something, 'Ross' Fan?  ???

Or are you actually making jibes at the true Ros people in Ballagh?  ;) You'd want to pop into the Fiddler's some night and we can get the CCTV on Lawless Ireland or something.

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

Rossfan

Quote from: Syferus on November 11, 2012, 07:15:13 PM

Did your mammy give you the kkeys to the drinks cabinet or something, 'Ross' Fan?  ???

Or are you actually making jibes at the true Ros people in Ballagh?  ;) You'd want to pop into the Fiddler's some night and we can get the CCTV on Lawless Ireland or something.
Answer the question y'eejit.
Will they support their home town club or their own favourite County's Champions?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

emmetryan

I was in Castlebar today for an interesting, despite the scoreline, game between Ballaghaderreen and Curry. Here's my tactical take http://action81.com/blog/?p=6441
writer of the Tactics not Passion series at Action81.com

Farrandeelin

Ballagh did apply to join Roscommon once. Ros county board had a bit of a falling out and therefore reverted to Mayo.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Rossfan

Ros County Board are still having falling outs.  >:(
The way things are going we'll have to ask Mayo to take over running the Hyde to get it sorted out  .

emmetryan

Much later than planned, my analysis of St Brigid's win over Salthill/Knocknacarra is now up http://action81.com/blog/?p=6452
writer of the Tactics not Passion series at Action81.com

Syferus

I'm just waiting for someone to revive the Ballagh thread so we can get the festivities rolling.

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Syferus on November 16, 2012, 03:12:58 AM
I'm just waiting for someone to revive the Ballagh thread so we can get the festivities rolling.
Ya know what?
I was just thinking the same thing meself.  :D
By all means, feel free to throw the ball in and clear the decks......
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Farrandeelin on November 11, 2012, 09:03:12 PM

Ballagh did apply to join Roscommon once. Ros county board had a bit of a falling out and therefore reverted to Mayo.
I think what happened was that some heads in the town treacherously tried to start another club in the area but were unsuccessful. As far as I can recall, this was to be a juvenile club but the Connacht Council were having none of it. I do believe that the Ross CC were divided on the issue so that maybe what you are referring to.
(Of course I may be wrong but I don't think so.)
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Rossfan on November 11, 2012, 09:07:10 PM
Ros County Board are still having falling outs.  >:(
The way things are going we'll have to ask Mayo to take over running the Hyde to get it sorted out  .

Lord Jays, sure our CB can hardly pay for McHale Park, never mind take on another pitch :D. What's with Hyde Park? Why are so many games moved to Kiltoom which wouldn't be central to most Roscommon folk themselves I'd imagine.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Syferus

Kiltoom is Brigids home ground, maybe? Pearses actually requested the county final be played there last month. Worked out fantastically as the crowd size suited the ground and made for a better day. Hopefully more club finals and intercounty club matches are removed from the graveyards that are the main county grounds of counties.

Rossfan

The pitch in the Hyde got fcuked up by all the trucks from a concert some years ago.Then there's the infanitle nonsense between a "Hyde committee", Some Ros Gaels types and the County Board which means that sometimes the Co Board have to show the others where to go by moving games to Kiltoom.
Unlike Sufferinjasus I beleive the County grounds are the place for all big club games and Inter Co games - other than FBD of Connacht inor leagus perhaps.
A group of patriots attempted to form a club called St Johns in Ballagh some years ago.
The May Connacht Council voted it down with the Mwr and Galway feckers voting no and the then Leitrim *manager getting the Layhthums to vote no so ony the great and dacent homourable people of the Sligo GAA were prepared to live in the post 1898 real world,

* One of Sufferus' heroes now a Blueshirt TD and Ballagh resident steeped in rhubarbness. The great irony is that he couldn;t vote for himself in the election because he lives in

Ballaghaderreen CO Roscommon  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

ross4life

Quote from: Lar Naparka on November 16, 2012, 11:23:02 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on November 11, 2012, 09:03:12 PM

I think what happened was that some good people in the town tried to start another club in the area but were unfortunately unsuccessful. As far as I can recall, this was to be a second club but Mayo with the backing of Leitrim,Galway turned it down. I don't know anything about Ross CC divided issue what you are referring to.
(Of course i could pretend i do but i think i may be wrong.)
Quick fix lar  :-*
What's with Hyde Park? Why are so many games moved to Kiltoom
Like McHale park,Pearses stadium the surface isn't the best this time of year. Kiltoom pitch has one of the best playing surfaces in Connacht & smaller ground does bring a better atmosphere, however apparently the crowd was down in this years Roscommon final as it is when NFL games are switched there so you'd wonder is it worth losing out on the extra cash?
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Rossfan

Very little talk about this one round here?
Does everyone think it's a foregone conclusion?
Hopefully St B's won't be thinking like that ???