Congress to Consider Rugby World Cup Role

Started by IolarCoisCuain, August 18, 2012, 06:50:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lar Naparka

I think the GAA stands to lose more by refusing to cooperate with the IRFU on this one than it would by allowing its grounds to be used. It's a repeat of the situation we had in 2007 when Croke Park was opened to the IRFU/FAI to the mutual benefit of all parties concerned.
Apart from the financial benefits, it was a major public relations boost for the Association.
Liam O'Neill has just announced (RTE News) that the GAA has been approached and the CC is to undertake a feasibility study to examine the proposals.
Go for it, Liam! 
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Syferus

seafoid

I think the GAA should go for it. Spend the money on taking care of  players properly the way the rubby crowd do.

ONeill

When will the GAA and its members stop worrying about other sports? We're a paranoid organisation.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

rrhf

stephenite

A No brainer.

Might be a handy way of easing some existing debt issues? Get McHale park on that list

Syferus

Quote from: stephenite on August 19, 2012, 02:01:31 AM
A No brainer.

Might be a handy way of easing some existing debt issues? Get McHale park on that list

Ah Jayus. First the Connacht final, next the World Cup Final? Where will it end??

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Syferus on August 19, 2012, 04:11:37 AM
Quote from: stephenite on August 19, 2012, 02:01:31 AM
A No brainer.

Ah Jayus. First the Connacht final, next the World Cup Final? Where will it end??

Proposed landing spot for the Martian's Earth Rover.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Hardy

Definitely not. First impressions are lasting.

stephenite

Farrandeelin

I personally am against it. However, I suppose it will get the go ahead. If Ireland gets the rugby world cup it won't change my attitude towards the game of rugby one bit.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

stephenite

neilthemac

having thought about it, I'm now not so sure.

when would the World Cup be played? During the GAA season?

what sort of funding would the event get?

What benefit would it have for the GAA?

What would the GAA do with any profit?

Two Hands FFS

Do it and charge them a fortune. Not the GAA's fault that the Rugby people arent organised enough

Syferus

Quote from: Two Hands FFS on August 19, 2012, 12:17:48 PM
Do it and charge them a fortune. Not the GAA's fault that the Rugby people arent organised enough

That's an incredibly cute thing to say when it's the GAA that has nearly a dozen white elephant stadiums that are hardly ever filled. It's rugby that's better organised on this front.