Dublin v Mayo - AISF

Started by Jinxy, August 04, 2012, 08:45:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farrandeelin

There's fighting and fighting for places though. That Alan Brogan news if true kinda neutralises Andy's absence a bit though.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

moysider

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on August 18, 2012, 10:01:05 AM
There's reports that O'Gara and Connolly had a dust up in training. If its true it could be a sign of whole hearted commitment or disquiet in the camp. From the Dubs I've spoken to there's not many who thought Connolly doesn't deserve a good clip, patience seems to be wearing thin with him

How could that not happen?

heffo

Quote from: Mayo4Sam link=topic=22016.msg1146476#msg114
/quote]

You've one player wrong there.

Lar Naparka

Quote from: heffo on August 18, 2012, 05:48:25 PM
/quote]

Ah, but he got O'Gara right, didn't he?
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

heffo

Quote from: Lar Naparka on August 18, 2012, 10:10:00 PM
Quote from: heffo on August 18, 2012, 05:48:25 PM
/quote]

Ah, but he got O'Gara right, didn't he?

Correct.

Mayo4Sam

I wouldn't have put O'Gara or Connolly down as alpha males of that forward line, McMenamin maybe
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

heffo

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on August 19, 2012, 09:12:29 PM
I wouldn't have put O'Gara or Connolly down as alpha males of that forward line, McMenamin maybe

Connolly wasn't involved

squire_in_navy_slacks

Quote from: heffo on August 19, 2012, 09:30:44 PM
Quote from: Mayo4Sam on August 19, 2012, 09:12:29 PM

Connolly wasn't involved

Id imagine it was a defender???????????? Phily Mc Mahon perhaps...................ogara deserves a good puck, thinks hes a right hard man alright

seafoid

Mayo have to be in with a good shout. They were much more impressive than the Dubs in the QFs. I was watching the Laois match wirra crowd of Dubs and the nervous energy in the last 5 mins could have been sold to the ESB. 

Hound

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on August 18, 2012, 10:01:05 AM
From the Dubs I've spoken to there's not many who thought Connolly doesn't deserve a good clip, patience seems to be wearing thin with him
There are two types of Dubs. The eejits who don't appreciate Connolly, and the clever lads who do  :D

seafoid

Quote from: An Gaeilgoir on August 07, 2012, 01:51:27 PM
Quote from: omagh_gael on August 07, 2012, 01:38:43 PM
Has anyone ever had such an easy route to an AI semi than Mayo have had this year?

Did you not read any of the pre-match articles before the Down game, the general opinion was a very tight game, with only one pundit going for Mayo, Mayo come out and blow Down apart, playing well and putting up a great score, now the mood has changed to Down are shite, ye cant have it everyway. Mayo can only play the teams laid out for them, as for easy......... look pre-back door.........
Mayo were very, very good against Down.It was  great to watch the way they took them apart.    They have beaten both 2010 all Ireland finalists over the last 2 seasons and now is as good a time as any to bring Sam number 4 back to Knockmore and Achill.

Crete Boom

Quote from: seafoid on August 20, 2012, 12:56:18 PM
Quote from: An Gaeilgoir on August 07, 2012, 01:51:27 PM
Quote from: omagh_gael on August 07, 2012, 01:38:43 PM
Has anyone ever had such an easy route to an AI semi than Mayo have had this year?

Did you not read any of the pre-match articles before the Down game, the general opinion was a very tight game, with only one pundit going for Mayo, Mayo come out and blow Down apart, playing well and putting up a great score, now the mood has changed to Down are shite, ye cant have it everyway. Mayo can only play the teams laid out for them, as for easy......... look pre-back door.........
Mayo were very, very good against Down.It was  great to watch the way they took them apart.    They have beaten both 2010 all Ireland finalists over the last 2 seasons and now is as good a time as any to bring Sam number 4 back to Knockmore Ballina and Achill.

Fixed that for you Seafoid

seafoid

I was in Ballina on Saturday and the town would look lovely with Sam . There is a competition on for the best of Mayo and I was thinking Timmy's grocery shop should get a few votes.

http://www.bestofmayo.com/awards/index.html

Fishing on the Moy on Friday and caught a salmon below Foxford. And the weather was fabulous.

Farrandeelin

Ideally we'd all get a look at Sam if he came. But a lot of work has to be done to get to the final yet.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Crete Boom

Quote from: seafoid on August 20, 2012, 01:54:04 PM
I was in Ballina on Saturday and the town would look lovely with Sam . There is a competition on for the best of Mayo and I was thinking Timmy's grocery shop should get a few votes.

http://www.bestofmayo.com/awards/index.html

Fishing on the Moy on Friday and caught a salmon below Foxford. And the weather was fabulous.

Hope you were using a fishing rod and not something else that used to be common on the moy ;)
You should head down the river out to Killala bay. The fishing is the best in 25 years this year esppecially in the moy estuary.

Hopefully the football results will be the best since 1950/51 and if the Dubs play like they did against Laois I think we'll be in with a shout. If they click and play to their ability ala the Tyrone game last year it's going to be an uphill battle for us but sure t'is the joys of football in September.