Tenerife

Started by paddymcg115, August 02, 2012, 09:53:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

paddymcg115

I am booking a holiday in Tenerife in school midterm this year.
Am I right in saying the busiest places to keep to are in and around Costa Adeje, Las Americas and Los Cristianos?
Couldanyonr recommed a good all inclusive hotel in this region, keeping in mind that I have quite a big family and dont want to spend a complete fortune.
Browsing through the hotel search engines there are three that look decent but all have mixed reviews (which I am sure every hotel will have).
They are Isla Bonita, Hotel Be Live La Nina and Dream Villa Tarogona.  Has anyone ever stayed or could they tell me anything about these?
Also, does the water park in Tenerife only open seasonally. I remember being on holidays in the Canaries when I was younger and lots of things were closed.
Thanks

Aristo 60

I'm for Gran Canaria Paddy but found that flights from Belfast were a good bit cheaper than from Dublin.

paddymcg115

Been in Gran Canaria so wanted to go somewere different.  Heard good reports about Tenerife and it being very family friendly with lots to do for children.
Going mid term break in school holidays so southern spain in thinking isnt south enough, hence needing to go to the islands.

squire_in_navy_slacks

Just back from my third year in row in tenerife, stayed in the fanabe costa sur in costa adeje.............................. fantastic place, super food and not too hectic.................................... nudey part on the roof too if you fancy it  ;D

southdown

Costa Adeje is by far the nicest part.  But within walking distance of Las Americas.  We atued in the Riu Palace which is one of the best places iv ever stayed in, could not recommed it enough.

Applesisapples

The Iberostar Hotels can be quite reasonable for family all inclusives, but they are 3/4 star. Food is good though. It's sometimes better to pay for the all inclusive when you are there.