5 suggestions to improve the GAA

Started by samwin08, June 26, 2012, 04:12:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

samwin08

1. Reduce ticket prices dramatically across the board to all games including provincial club championship games. Club championship games are family games and must be priced accordingly.
2. GAA must accept and acknowledge that supporters only attend games to support their own team and are unwilling to pay double header prices. Why pay full price for half a loaf? (Provincial finals and All Ireland finals only attract supporters from all over).
3. At current admission prices, Only charge  1/2 price to double header games as supporters either leave after their own team has played or only arrive before their team plays. e.g . . . . Look at National League finals attendance trends. Fact:  Many people, who would like to attend, don't because they are paying the full price for half a loaf!
4. Abandon Double header games in winter time e.g. Mc Kenna cup semi finals this year played as a double header. Who wishes to sit in the cold for 3/4 hours?
5. Reduce 1/2 time interval break to 10 mins for all except intercounty championship games.

As a GAA supporter that's my view.

ziggysego

3 out of the 5 improvements involved double headers. Nothing wrong with them, both could be great matches. I don't leave after Greencastle play, I stay for the second match.
Testing Accessibility

thejuice

Double headers aren't that bad especially if one of your rivals are playing. A chance to get some early digs in.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

theticklemister

I love double headers; and i detest the people who for example travel the whole way to Croke to watch their county play and leave after their game. Je lads ye travel the whole way to Croke Park; wonderful stadium; another inter county game on before your eyes; and ye also make a day of it. I can never understand those people :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\

I especially love club championship double headers; just love them!i would travel all over the county from Junior to Senior watching them, fantastic value for money.

Craigyhill Terror

Each to their own obviously, but double headers are one of my favourite things about the GAA. Only thing better than one match is two

thewobbler

1. Stop tinkering.
2. Stop the fuckwits who believe in tinkering from having a voice. It's not a playground for your stupid thoughts, fuckwits.
3. That's enough, thanks.

BennyCake

Quote from: thewobbler on June 26, 2012, 08:00:15 PM
1. Stop tinkering.
2. Stop the fuckwits who believe in tinkering from having a voice. It's not a playground for your stupid thoughts, fuckwits.
3. That's enough, thanks.

That was only three.

BennyCake

Not that it will affect Armagh anytime soon, but the method of distributing All-Ireland final tickets needs to be looked at. We all know that in every club, alot of tickets are sorted out with a wink wink, say nothing, bobs your uncle type of thing. It's all wrong.

Doesn't the County Boards and GAA HQ know the names of all members these days? That makes it fairly straightforward. Put it in the hands of the Co Boards. All you need to do is, go to the Co Board HQ, produce ID, and you get your ticket. Easy.

No matter what teams are in the final, every member in those counties should get a ticket.

Eamonnca1

Quote from: BennyCake on June 26, 2012, 09:30:15 PM
Not that it will affect Armagh anytime soon, but the method of distributing All-Ireland final tickets needs to be looked at. We all know that in every club, alot of tickets are sorted out with a wink wink, say nothing, bobs your uncle type of thing. It's all wrong.

Doesn't the County Boards and GAA HQ know the names of all members these days? That makes it fairly straightforward. Put it in the hands of the Co Boards. All you need to do is, go to the Co Board HQ, produce ID, and you get your ticket. Easy.

No matter what teams are in the final, every member in those counties should get a ticket.

That would mean all counties would need to be on the same online registration system and each member would need to have a GAA-issued photographic ID card. We're a long way off that.

trileacman

Ticket allocations are straight enough in Trillick. Dole them out until there is too much demand then it's a open draw for the remainder for anyone who is a club member.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

armaghniac

QuoteThat would mean all counties would need to be on the same online registration system and each member would need to have a GAA-issued photographic ID card. We're a long way off that.

No reason why a single web registration system could not be used by everyone. No need for photos on GAA cards, if pics are needed people can bring something with the same name. I would restrict AI finals to members.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Eamonnca1

Quote from: armaghniac on June 27, 2012, 11:54:46 PM
QuoteThat would mean all counties would need to be on the same online registration system and each member would need to have a GAA-issued photographic ID card. We're a long way off that.

No reason why a single web registration system could not be used by everyone.

None at all. Except that it take time to implement.

QuoteNo need for photos on GAA cards, if pics are needed people can bring something with the same name.

Yes there is. How else do you prove that the person named on the ID card is the same person named on the photographic government ID?  The purpose of an ID card is to prove that you are who you say you are and that you're in the system as a member.  The way they do this at the North American finals is they store the last 4 digits of your government ID in the system at registration time, and in the event of an ID inspection before a game you have to produce the same ID document with that number (and your photo) on it.

QuoteI would restrict AI finals to members.

I wouldn't.  I'd want to make sure there's plenty of tourists in there who have not seen the game before and get to see it at the highest level. Plus there's plenty of people who don't play and aren't "members" as such but they're die-hard fans.  Why would you want to exclude them?

AZOffaly

I'm all for exposing our games to tourists, especially early in the summer, but I would not like to see large amounts of tickets set aside for All Ireland finals. All Irelands are a celebration of our games, and are for both competing counties AND the GAA family as a whole. I think the more members that get to go, the better, especially from the competing counties.

cadence

ban donegal, the tactics are negative and stupid and ignorant and it's an absolute farce they're allowed. the management also forces their players (apparently, at gun point) to train very muchly, this should not be allowed (the training very muchly, the forcing at gun point is fine, nothing in the rule book says otherwise, but i haven't checked yet, but it's plausable). and i am very muchly upset about how another individual has been treated by being dropped from the team. it should not be the manager's decion to make if he should be dropped or not, it should, of course, be given to someone else, i don't know who yet (i haven't thought this part through, but only this part).   

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: armaghniac on June 27, 2012, 11:54:46 PM

No reason why a single web registration system could not be used by everyone. No need for photos on GAA cards, if pics are needed people can bring something with the same name. I would restrict AI finals to members.

There already is a web registration system. Surely the problem with All Ireland tickets is that clubs in competing counties rarely get enough tickets to supply each of their members?
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead