Meath Mightily Migrate from Mediocrity, Maybe.

Started by thejuice, April 03, 2012, 01:55:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thejuice

24 hours for Seamus to make a decision on whether he stays or goes.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Hardy

Quote from: thejuice on April 12, 2012, 02:21:36 PM
Wouldn't mind Coyle coming back. Despite what happened against Limerick in 2008 I thought his departure was a bit pre-mature.

Agreed.

mylestheslasher

Royalranter

Big rumours going around. I've heard from a 'reliable soure' (an ex meath manager) that Banty was given 24 hours to quit or else he will be fired and also that Boylan has already been approached to lead them for the rest of the year. No word on what Boylans response was.
Let em know your there

meathie

I dont think the Co Board told him at all that he'd be fired if he didnt step down . I think they suggested he might consider opting out after all the backlash from fans etc but it is entirely his choice. He seems kinda stubborn so I wouldnt be surprised if he chose to remain despite this. Also heard it was NOT Sean Boylan, esp after he quit his other position just recently, either Coyle or O'Brien have been asked but it will probably not come to that. all of this is of course hearsay

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

bhgmk

lots of rumours alright, interesting to see what happens. 

I've heard that the players are still backing him despite all that has gone on, so it might not be as straightforward as some might wish.

Jinxy

I really don't care what the players want at this stage.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

BallyhaiseMan

Meath should just give up football at this stage.
I'm sure ye lads would feel right at home in something like Highland games,where your fellow big, fat, loud-mouthed funny-looking,weirdo bogmen engage in throwing stones and other implements around the place.

Hardy

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: Hardy on April 12, 2012, 04:33:46 PM
f**k me! It's a talking bog-elf.

Hardy
I know its hard for someone likes yourself to accept such ineptitude  as you have witnessed some Meath sucesses ,starting with Meath winning Sam in 1949 when you were a teenager.
Unfortunately it's now time to bite the bullet and accept that Meath's time is up.
Ye should try and find something else that you can maybe compete in and be successful.
I was just trying to be helpful with my suggestion.

thejuice

If we ever get as bad as Cavan we might consider it.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Hardy

Thanks BM. I'm at a bit of a loss, okay as to where we should look for an outlet for our talents. We look up the road and realise there's never a guarantee you'll be heard of again for 60 years or more. I think we'll just have to concentrate on areas where we're at least sure not to come last, so next year we're entering in the "at least we're not Cavan" round-robin handicap series.

I was considering taking an interest in competitive animal husbandry but then somebody showed me the state of the art as exemplified by the Cavan Academy of Agricultural Science and completely disheartened me.

Ard-Rí

Ar son Éireann Gaelaí