All-Ireland Club Football Final - Crossmaglen v Garrycastle

Started by BennyCake, March 02, 2012, 01:42:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SLIGONIAN

Ref was horrendus for both teams at different times, horrendus inconsistency.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

Celt_Man

Only saw the second half but it was fairly enthralling stuff....

Ref was a disgrace, for a player to be sent off for a second yellow in All-Ireland Final - for both players - is no laughing matter...  Like if you give yellows for that and then let some of the other stuff go is unbelievable and as a player how are you meant to judge a referee and know what he defines as good tackling
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

Celt_Man

oh by the way, Kingspan Breffni Park for the replay???
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

eiled in the bushes

get some metal in your life

From the Bunker

Quote from: Celt_Man on March 17, 2012, 07:40:51 PM

Has to be Croker, as a curtain-raiser to Dublin League Game v Donegal on Saturday March 24th!

lemallon

Quote from: From the Bunker on March 17, 2012, 08:01:34 PM

Has to be Croker, as a curtain-raiser to Dublin League Game v Donegal on Saturday March 24th!

Perfect idea

Syferus

Quote from: From the Bunker on March 17, 2012, 08:01:34 PM

I'd wonder. The atmosphere at Pearse Park for the Brigids-Garrycastle semi was spectacular, I don't think many fans would be opposed to a replay at a smaller ground. If it was I'd imagine it'd have to be Pearse Park or Breffni. For the prestige of playing it at Croke Park you'd get the slight of being the curtain raiser to a league game, it kinda balances out to null.

I remember the 2006 minior All-Ireland final replay was moved to Ennis so there is alot of precedent in moving a paired final out of Croker for a replay.

under the bar

Cross are the masters of drudge and cynical foul play. Well done for badgering a replay if nothing else!

Agent Orange

Cross left that behind them today, had enough chances to win it in the last few minutes. They wont make the same mistake the next day.
Ref was very poor today.

Syferus

Cross had chances late on but if Mulvhill had buried his second chance for a goal rather than take a point it'd have been for nought. The draw was a very fair result. I don't think Cross will be going into the replay all the confident, they know for sure that they have a serious opponent now.

oakleafgael

Its a measure of Crossmaglen that they managed to force a reply when they played so poorly. I have never seen such a wasteful performance from a Cross team. Fair play to Garrycastle for their performance today but they have missed the boat.

ONeill

I thought the ref rode Cross today in that he allowed GC to do anything they wanted in the last 20 minutes apart from one rare call which Oisin put wide.

I sorta liked the ref's approach - the majority of manly collisions went unpunished but Garrycastle took the biscuit when they realised they were ahead and could probably decapitate without sanction.

I think Cross will murder them in the replay. Their forward unit underperformed badly today.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Oak Leafer

Thoroughly entertaining game of football. Oh how we long for a bit of this at county level. Ref wasn't great but aren't we used to it at this point?

Really impressed with Garrycastle, they carried the 'written off' attitude into the game and were the better team for majority of game. But good old Cross, relentless and never abandon style of play.

Maybe its just me but i felt Jamie Clarke 'pulled out' of his attempted flick with the hand for the missed goal opportunity. Wasn't prepared to take one for an All-Ireland! Had he been braver he would have scored. I'm i being harsh? Probably!

saffron sam2

Quote from: Oak Leafer on March 17, 2012, 09:04:29 PM
Thoroughly entertaining game of football. Oh how we long for a bit of this at county level. Ref wasn't great but aren't we used to it at this point?

Really impressed with Garrycastle, they carried the 'written off' attitude into the game and were the better team for majority of game. But good old Cross, relentless and never abandon style of play.

Maybe its just me but i felt Jamie Clarke 'pulled out' of his attempted flick with the hand for the missed goal opportunity. Wasn't prepared to take one for an All-Ireland! Had he been braver he would have scored. I'm i being harsh? Probably!

Yes, and an understatement at that. Carried them from the snippets I saw.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

Oak Leafer

Well i guess the fact that you saw snippets doesn't put you in a position to make a comment on his performance.

I think anyone on here will tell you its wasn't his best day at the office!