Mayo V Dublin - Castlebar - 11/02/12

Started by m@yoman, February 09, 2012, 07:56:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sam2011

I'm not as optimistic as I was before I saw the starting 15.
Worried about midfied again with Geraghty starting. Don't know much about him but hope has a good game. Also why isn't Gibbons been given a go as everyone else has?
Ger Caff has a family wedding so that's why hes not named. Would have liked to see Doherty and Freeman to be given a chance to play inside again and hopefully reproduce what they done the last time against the Dubs. I'm not convinced Barry Moran is a FF but hes worth a try.
I would like to see Higgins on Connolly as I think it would be an interesting match.
Any way I'll be there to support the lads regardless and I hope they have improved again on the Cork match.

Never beat the deeler

I like the look of that team. Don't know a lot about Geraghty, and haven't seen any of this year's league but from what I've been reading this seems like a decent set up.

I like Barry Moran at FF. Even when he isn't catching clean ball, he creates a lot of confusion in around the square and the corner back is always half thinking of covering his FB in case he gets cleaned or the ball breaks. Quick corner forwards will always get chances when there's balls breaking in around the goal area. Hopefully Mickey Conroy can continue to improve on his good year so far.

Does anyone know what the story is with the Feeneys? If so, could you drop me a pm?
Edit: I see from WJ's blog that the Indo are reporting they are back in the panel (or rather that they were never dropped from the panel, merely not included in the matchday squad)

Not going to get a chance to listen to this one online, so will be logging in to get the rundown after.
Hasta la victoria siempre

moysider

Quote from: Chimley on March 31, 2012, 12:28:38 AM
Only six from last years quarter win against Cork and semi against Kerry by my reckoning. Chances for a few to lay down a marker here.

No. There is a few injured. Management have copped on as well it seems. They had to.  And there always had to be a leap forward from that team anyway.

Hound

A bit disappointed Johnny Cooper hasn't retained the right half back position for one more outing. Hard to judge any half back v Donegal, but I really like the look of him, looks like he belongs at intercounty level.

Pressure on Diarmo and KevMac to win ball and use it well in the forwards, but both are in decent form

ballinaman

Jinxy

Is 'The Mort' the only man in the country that still wears white boots?
If you were any use you'd be playing.

muppet

Quote from: Jinxy on March 31, 2012, 07:05:51 PM
Is 'The Mort' the only man in the country that still wears white boots?

Ben Brosnan.
MWWSI 2017

mountainboii

Dublin haven't really turned up here.

All of a Sludden

Mayo lead 0-8 to 0-3. 20 mins gone. Big crowd.
I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.

Jinxy

Mayo kicking points for fun.
Good spread of scorers too.

Jinxy

I wish Aidan O'Shea would shut up roaring every time he's tackled.

ross4life

HT 13-5  if Mayo don't do anything silly in the 2nd half they should keep the Dubs at arms length.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

ballinaman

Pop pass from Mortimer for Andy there and had a great chance for a goal. Sloppy at the end. Boyle and Higgins are some dingers, some pace. Great hunger from the half forward line for the breaks too.

mountainboii

Dublin are horrible tonight, don't look bothered at all. Pity they weren't as disinterested a few weeks ago in Croke Park.

Looks like our get out of jail card isn't going to materialise, only a win will save us from the drop next weekend.

All of a Sludden

Quote from: ballinaman on March 31, 2012, 07:40:33 PM
Pop pass from Mortimer for Andy there and had a great chance for a goal. Sloppy at the end. Boyle and Higgins are some dingers, some pace. Great hunger from the half forward line for the breaks too.

Should have been a free out. Mortimer lifted the ball off the ground.

Mayo good value for their lead.
I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.