Mice help

Started by tyrone girl, December 01, 2011, 09:32:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrone girl

Think he used bacon - cooked bacon. I presume thats wat it was i didnt look that hard at it as i didnt touch the traps. I heard peanut butter or chocolate attracts them

AZOffaly

I used peanut butter. Worked a treat.

thejuice

IF IT BLEEDS......WE CAN KILL IT!!
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

tyrone girl

Gonna get a couple traps today myself and peanut butter and get him to put them down tonight and gona stay on sofa for next couple of nites and hope for the best  :-\

Square Ball

friend of mine used Mars bars, twixs and twirls and the wee fecker eat them all, he had 6 traps set and no joy. he went for the more inhumane glue trap, it worked after one night
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

tyrone girl

My friend has some of that sticky stuff she said she will give me some , do you just put it on cardboard or what and put it on the floor?

Square Ball

Quote from: tyrone girl on December 01, 2011, 01:42:54 PM
My friend has some of that sticky stuff she said she will give me some , do you just put it on cardboard or what and put it on the floor?

think its just on the floor. He did say the hard bit was putting it out of its misery, up to you!
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

mylestheslasher

Quote from: tyrone girl on December 01, 2011, 01:42:54 PM

The sticky stuff is normally for use in conjunction with poison. Normally the mouse eats the poison and when they come out they get stuck to it so they don't go off smelling the place out. Thats how the professionals do it anyway, especially around kitchen areas.

sammymaguire

Quote from: tyrone girl on December 01, 2011, 01:25:59 PM
Gonna get a couple traps today myself and peanut butter and get him to put them down tonight and gona stay on sofa for next couple of nites and hope for the best  :-\

plastic mouse traps from B&Q with peanut butter along the skirting boards will get them, NOT the wooden ones, the bait will be gone and they wont snap on them and if you have one mouse, you'll have 3 or 4 at least so buy 3 or 4 mouse traps, and find out where they are coming in, fill the holes with steel wool too, even if they are only about 2-3cm wide as they'll chew through anything relatively soft.

you'll get rid of them with the traps, but if you cant stop them coming in, you'll be taking them out of the traps every 2nd week  8)
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Hardy

Quote from: AZOffaly on December 01, 2011, 01:02:17 PM
Where did you have the trap? Make sure you put it along the wall, because generally speaking they don't like to cross floors, and do that quickly, Along the skirting board is where they walk.

I hate killing any animals, except rats, and I wouldn't poison anything other than a rat. In fact I'm so soft with mice that 2 years ago, when we had a few in the house, I actually bought the humane mouse traps. They don't kill the mouse at all, but lock him in and you can dispose of him.

I used put them in the front seat of the car and drive them up to the graveyard to let them out. I'm nearly sure two of them winked at me when I let them out :D I suppose they probably beat me back to the house :D

You callous bastard. You deny them a quick and painless death to stray them miles from home where they'll die slowly of starvation and hypothermia.

armaghniac

Quoteyou'll get rid of them with the traps, but if you cant stop them coming in, you'll be taking them out of the traps every 2nd wee

Not quite. They move indoors in the autumn, and the weather has been mild this year. Once they are settled for the winter they'll not move much, so if you can get them now you'll probably have comparative peace afterwards (unless AZOffaly drops some off near your house).
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

AZOffaly

I'm not sure they did Hardy. The second fella looked very familiar when I dropped him off.

BennyHarp

Rich tea biscuits for bait is the best. We had a cat once but it bought more mice into the house than it got rid of.
That was never a square ball!!

HiMucker

Quote from: tyrone girl on December 01, 2011, 01:15:51 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on December 01, 2011, 01:02:17 PM
Where did you have the trap? Make sure you put it along the wall, because generally speaking they don't like to cross floors, and do that quickly, Along the skirting board is where they walk.

I hate killing any animals, except rats, and I wouldn't poison anything other than a rat. In fact I'm so soft with mice that 2 years ago, when we had a few in the house, I actually bought the humane mouse traps. They don't kill the mouse at all, but lock him in and you can dispose of him.

I used put them in the front seat of the car and drive them up to the graveyard to let them out. I'm nearly sure two of them winked at me when I let them out :D I suppose they probably beat me back to the house :D

Put the trap in few diff places - one time under the bed, other time in built in wardrobe and other time along the skirting board just under the window

Is that not the whole point of traps though that they go for the bait on them?  I hate cats too they are dirty creatures and my mother would have a fit if i landed home with one of them to have in round the house
One of the cleanest pets you can get.  And as a cat lover (welll i like all animals, mice included :)) I hope you dont sleep for weeks  :D

Hardy

I'd rather have mice in the house than cats.

Anyway, you don't need a cat. You just need a recording of a cat. But then, that'll probably keep you awake too.