O'Byrne Cup & Bihatimber 2012

Started by thejuice, November 16, 2011, 05:00:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donnellys Hollow

He is trying the fringe players - Fitzpatrick, Lyons, Flanagan, T O'Neill, Moolick and even Roli are all fringe players these days. Conway and Kelly are on their way back from serious injuries so they need football under their belts. Seán Hurley is injured and Fogarty would have played last weekend only for the flu. Can't think of that many more that should be tried out bar Conor Brophy and Paddy Dunne. I'd say one of them might get a run next Sunday.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Dinny Breen

Didn't see the game but what people need to realise is that McGeeny has developed a very strong squad.

Anyhow nice to beat Dublin, even though it was a only a glorified challenge game. Interesting how these games have developed a bit of a dirty edge from both sides. Dublin are the big brother though and they will have learned a lot about their reserve team whereas as Kildare will get confidence from beating them. So I'd imagine both managers will be pretty happy with the workout.
#newbridgeornowhere

squire_in_navy_slacks

Kildare were well up for this game..............................well ahead in fitness levels too..............................Our lads havent even started to shift the food and hydration from their celebrations

Oul Kev mc could have used his belly as opposed to his foot at one stage to put the ball over the bar...................................very happy with the result, a little kick up the hole for our lads to get them started in the defense of the all ireland....................kildare should defend their obryne cup too.................cple of dubs who started in the all ireland last year will have some say in the o byrne final though  ;)

mup

I'm genuinely shocked at the lack of coverage given to the Connolly incident. That was an extremely nasty knee he gave Fitzpatrick.

squire_in_navy_slacks

Quote from: mup on January 22, 2012, 08:32:13 PM
I'm genuinely shocked at the lack of coverage given to the Connolly incident. That was an extremely nasty knee he gave Fitzpatrick.

twas indeed..............no need for that at all, hes a targeted man and needs to rise above the goading

kavanagh was no angel either let me tell ya, thought he was gonna whip his baton out at one stage

mup

Quote from: squire_in_navy_slacks on January 22, 2012, 08:37:32 PM

twas indeed..............no need for that at all, hes a targeted man and needs to rise above the goading

kavanagh was no angel either let me tell ya, thought he was gonna whip his baton out at one stage

In fairness Kavanagh does not get that animated on a football field without good reason. Goading or not it was a cowardice act by Connolly. Heres hoping the powers that rescinded his red last year might have a second look at this.

Donnellys Hollow

Referee booked him so presumably the incident cannot be reviewed??

Captain Obvious

SC1Sports.com

Kildare absolutely hammered Dublin today and let them off the hook due to some poor shooting.

I know weakened sides are fielded and bla bla bla but it was a dreadful team performance from Dublin who were outplayed in every area of the game.

We took some unique analyses of both team's attacks

http://bit.ly/A29iTw

squire_in_navy_slacks

Quote from: mup on January 22, 2012, 08:46:18 PM

In fairness Kavanagh does not get that animated on a football field without good reason. Goading or not it was a cowardice act by Connolly. Heres hoping the powers that rescinded his red last year might have a second look at this.

well if they do have a second look oul sgt bilko kavanagh will be in deep water too.......................he is caught striking on camera too

careful what you wish for

squire_in_navy_slacks

Quote from: Captain Obvious on January 22, 2012, 08:50:55 PM
Those dots are irritating.

Mc Geeeneys hair was too last year............................... he got it snipped, i may snip the dots

mup

Quote from: squire_in_navy_slacks on January 22, 2012, 09:16:06 PM

well if they do have a second look oul sgt bilko kavanagh will be in deep water too.......................he is caught striking on camera too

If Kavanagh gets a ban then so be it. Connolly is nothing but a coward.

squire_in_navy_slacks

Quote from: mup on January 22, 2012, 09:27:45 PM
Quote from: squire_in_navy_slacks on January 22, 2012, 09:16:06 PM

If Kavanagh gets a ban then so be it. Connolly is nothing but a coward.

Give it a rest will ya, you should be delighted with your win today, do you propose a kildare man never committed a cowardly act on a field ????

mup

Its the O'Byrne Cup so I'm not getting excited by todays result. And the fact that a Kildare man never committed an act of cowardice in neither here nor there. It would be an awful shame it this type of dispicable act was swept under the carpet.

Donnellys Hollow

Just watched the match back there again. Peter Kelly was absolutely superb. Great to have him back. Kildare's defence will be as strong as there is out there.

Achilles heel will as always be the forwards. Hopefully Johnny will go some way towards solving that. I hope he is parked beside O'Connor inside on the 14 when he returns. No good to us playing half the game inside our own 45 as he ended up last year. Interesting to see if O'Flaherty and Conway can be accomodated in the same half-forward line - possibly deploy Leper as a half-back? Smith and Kavanagh should both be given every opportunity in the league to find some form and confidence. Dowling is a nice footballer but still has a good bit of filling out to do. Would like to see how Pádraig Fogarty gets on at this level. Tommy Moolick looks like more of a half-back/midfielder.

This was probably the most important development today from a Kildare point of view. Apparently both should see some action in the latter half in the league: