International Rules 2011

Started by brianboru00, September 20, 2011, 11:29:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ciarrai_thuaidh

No Oz for Darran O'Sullivan Id say..Mid Kerry overcame East Kerry after Extra time in the Kerry semi final today, final is fixed for Oct 30th. Can't see him bothering to fly out for the 2nd test alone, so he's more than likely ruled out.
"Better to die on your feet,than live on your knees"...

Milltown Row2

Stupid competition anyway, Mckernan heading out I hear, after winning tonights Down Championship. If I was manager of Burren I wouldn't be fussed on him heading out.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

mattockranger

Quote from: our_fella on October 13, 2011, 10:36:03 PM
Surprised Brendan Donaghy isnt included in the squad

i thought the same...very good anytime he's played in the series...probly his choice not to play.....what was the score in the down final last night?
will to win is important the will to prepare to win is vital

Jinxy

This thing has to be on its last legs.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

thewobbler

It's a horrible game, I truly despise it.

I happily tuned in during the olden days for the undercurrent if violence, but the sanitised version of it is unwatchable.

heffo

Cluxton's club Parnells won in the Dublin championship - they're in the quarters next Saturday.

Jinxy

Is he deffo not going to Oz or will they change the fixtures?
Couldn't imagine much support for the latter.
It'll be Easter by the time ye get finished.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

muppet

Quote from: thewobbler on October 16, 2011, 03:07:24 PM

I happily tuned in during the olden days for the undercurrent if violence, but the sanitised version of it is unwatchable.

I can see why you don't like Rolland.
MWWSI 2017

heffo

Quote from: Jinxy on October 16, 2011, 08:02:00 PM
Is he deffo not going to Oz or will they change the fixtures?
Couldn't imagine much support for the latter.
It'll be Easter by the time ye get finished.

No way the fixtures will be changed.

I'd imagine they'll be beaten next Saturday by Ballymun and he'll fly out the Sunday.

ballinaman

Talking to a squad member at the weekend. Said each player got a cheque for 5,000 oz dollars spending money off Croke park.... :o

5 Sams

Quote from: ballinaman on October 24, 2011, 02:26:17 PM
Talking to a squad member at the weekend. Said each player got a cheque for 5,000 oz dollars spending money off Croke park.... :o

Not much use if you havent got an Oz bank account ;)
The Aristocrat Years

Canalman

Quote from: thewobbler on October 16, 2011, 03:07:24 PM

Exactly how I feel. A "game" cobbled together which amazingly has managed to have the worst elements of each sport come to the fore. The Aussies in Melbourne have NO interest in it and I believe ticket sales for game are very poor.
Honestly believe the McAnallen trophy should be rebranded and given to the man of the match in the AIF (for example) or YPOTY/POTY.

Won't be watching it ............ yet again.

ballinaman

Quote from: 5 Sams on October 24, 2011, 04:25:28 PM

True, he definitely said 5 grand and cheque, so must be euros so...even more  :o

heffo

Quote from: ballinaman on October 24, 2011, 06:34:59 PM
Quote from: 5 Sams on October 24, 2011, 04:25:28 PM

True, he definitely said 5 grand and cheque, so must be euros so...even more  :o

It used to be €300 a day expenses over there prior to the series cancellation last time.

isourboydownyet

sorry for going slightly off topic but was it not common knowledge cluxton turned down playing in the series in the past because he wouldnt fly?not he's away and not a mention of his fear of flying,did they spike his his milk?