The Great Ulster Football Thread

Started by Kerry Mike, August 29, 2011, 10:53:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rrhf

Dubs V kerry.  Id say Kerry would love another bout of seventies and eighties style rivalry with Dublin.  How they hammered them again and again!
What great rivals, Its a bit like saying Tyson V Bruno were great rivals! 

Jell 0 Biafra

Quote from: rrhf on August 30, 2011, 09:16:52 PM
Dubs V kerry.  Id say Kerry would love another bout of seventies and eighties style rivalry with Dublin.  How they hammered them again and again!

Fair point.  Hadn't realized we never beat Kerry in the 70's.

Blowitupref

Quote from: Jell 0 Biafra on August 31, 2011, 02:02:44 AM

To be fair the Dubs did manage to beat Kerry once in all those 70,80s finals.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Blowitupref on August 31, 2011, 02:18:12 AM
Quote from: Jell 0 Biafra on August 31, 2011, 02:02:44 AM

To be fair the Dubs did manage to beat Kerry once in all those 70,80s finals.

Bit like Mayo beating Kerry once in the great Mayo-Kerry rivalry of the last 15 years so  :D
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Jell 0 Biafra

It would be if Mayo had won 3 all Irelands in that time span.  And beaten Kerry on the way in two of those.

Mike Sheehy

Lads, don't be rising to rrhf's bait. I think nordie lads like him realize that the absolute tripe we witnessed this weekend from Donegal is a direct result of the negative brand of football that Tyrone have "pioneered". The Tyrone lads (rightly) feel some guilt about this and I have enjoyed immensely their failed attempts to dissassociate themselves from this bastardized form of Gaelic football.

We, the traditional counties, must stick to our principles and not let these Nordies turn us against each other.

Club Rossa

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: Club Rossa on August 31, 2011, 09:22:09 AM
The guilt is killing me ::)

..and well it should, the beast you have spawned is killing football.

hang your head in shame.

Club Rossa

True,i wish we could rewind to 1986 when all was good in the world of gaelic football....

Jinxy

Gaelic football reached its zenith in 1996.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

heffo

Who from Dublin ever said there is a great rivalry between Dublin & Kerry? There hasn't been a rivalry since the mid-80's at the very latest.

rrhf

My point exactly
For Dublin V Kerry
see Mayo V Kerry
If I was a dub Id be hoping that the Brogans stay on the field, even if injured thay can help stop the team from wilting. Will O gara be in at 14 now? 

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: rrhf on August 31, 2011, 10:36:13 AM
My point exactly
For Dublin V Kerry
see Mayo V Kerry
If I was a dub Id be hoping that the Brogans stay on the field, even if injured thay can help stop the team from wilting. Will O gara be in at 14 now?

"If I was a dub"..well, no you are not..you are a Tyroneman desperately trying trying to be relevant. Well,guess what, your team does not have the natural talent to compete in the modern era so could you please summon what dignity you have left and just get off the stage...thanks.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Jinxy on August 31, 2011, 10:24:59 AM
Gaelic football reached its zenith in 1996.

Agreed, the best team in Ireland beaten by the most determined team in Ireland that year.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Nally Stand

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on August 31, 2011, 11:03:20 AM
Quote from: rrhf on August 31, 2011, 10:36:13 AM
My point exactly
For Dublin V Kerry
see Mayo V Kerry

"If I was a dub"..well, no you are not..you are a Tyroneman desperately trying trying to be relevant. Well,guess what, your team does not have the natural talent to compete in the modern era so could you please summon what dignity you have left and just get off the stage...thanks.

Ouch!!!!
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore