Started by Dinny Breen, August 22, 2011, 06:06:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joemamas

Quote from: heffo on September 13, 2011, 10:01:04 AM
Quote from: Hound on September 13, 2011, 09:57:05 AM
Pundit watch:

Kevin McStay picks the Dubs
Tony Davis picks Kerry

I had the misfortune to watch their pre-match analysis the other night. What a joke.

McStay getting it arsed-ways about who'll drop out for Galvin if he starts, Davis as usual getting a free hotel suite for the evening to do his preparation and a substantial fee still cannot string two words together without consulting his notes.

You would swear it was a Junior B game where they didn't know they players they were being asked to analyse.

Heffo what was it on, somewhat surprised at Mcstay, i view him as being fairly well tuned in and being pretty articulate when it comes to giving an opinion.

As for Davis, a complete joke in my mind, as for his notes, I would say all he does is change the date and names of the teams and throws in about a half a dozen "lovelys". He is embarrassing.
Ciaran Whelan and him were on the Sunday game a few weeks ago, the difference in their respective analysis was so apparent. Whelan made short relevant points back up with facts, Davis rambled on taking shit*, and I think even contradicted himself at one point.

heffo

Quote from: muppet on September 13, 2011, 04:00:50 PM
Quote from: heffo on September 13, 2011, 10:01:04 AM
Quote from: Hound on September 13, 2011, 09:57:05 AM
Pundit watch:

Kevin McStay picks the Dubs
Tony Davis picks Kerry

I had the misfortune to watch their pre-match analysis the other night. What a joke.

McStay getting it arsed-ways about who'll drop out for Galvin if he starts, Davis as usual getting a free hotel suite for the evening to do his preparation and a substantial fee still cannot string two words together without consulting his notes.

You would swear it was a Junior B game where they didn't know they players they were being asked to analyse.

Admit it, you miss Tommy!

God be with the days of Tommy's gain lines!

Jesus it was all bluster with Tommy, but at least it was rehearsed bluster, you could drag two fellas in off the street who'd do a better job than that pair the other night. RTE need a big kick up the hole with their coverage.

Declan

Very strange being away from home and looking in from the outside but is it as quiet as I'm hearing? Tickets seem as scarce as hen's teeth. All I hope is I make the flight on sat morning cos my build up begins Fri afternoon ;)

Kerry Mike

QuoteVery strange being away from home and looking in from the outside but is it as quiet as I'm hearing? Tickets seem as scarce as hen's teeth. All I hope is I make the flight on sat morning cos my build up begins Fri afternoon

Very quite in dublin anyway , was home in the Kingdom last weekend and plenty of hype and colour down there (even Dublin flags in the County Hospital !!), I have a bag of hens teeth will trade up for a ticket if I can, they are damn scarce around North Dublin.

2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

Frank Casey

Lots of misty eyed rose tinted looking back - here's one from the last AI final that Kerry and Dublin met in 1985.

Barney gives it in the Rocks to Tom Spillane
KERRY 3:7

comethekingdom

squire_in_navy_slacks

Quote from: Kerry Mike on September 12, 2011, 09:51:51 PM
Kerry wind down their preparations for Sunday's eagerly awaited All Ireland Final against Dublin with a final training session in Fitzgerald Stadium from 6:30 this Tuesday evening. The session is open to the public and supporters are invited to come along and give their heroes a rousing sendoff. Official Kerry GAA merchandise will be on sale and a free souvenir player's booklet will be available.

Please note that entrance is by Dalton's Avenue only. Gates open at 6 P.M , LAst chance for the Jackeens to do a bity of spying

After months of skelping behind the scenes the hard work is done , its time to have a bit of fun before the serious craic of the weekend approaches.

Does the Gooch have a boner in that pic ?????? boner at the thoughts of playing us dubs

moysider

Looks like a stalk alright.

They dont appear to be taking this Dub game too serious. Far from the skelping we re supposed to get at a session. Surely instead of staging a love-in ( looks like the Gooch was taking the cue seriously anyway), they could have got likes of Galvin, Star and O Mahoney to bitch and snarl a bit.

moysider

Sidney

Quote from: Kerry Mike on September 12, 2011, 09:51:51 PM

Looks like Kerry have started the celebrations early, can't see Dublin getting near them myself.

Canalman

Quote from: moysider on September 13, 2011, 11:58:11 PM
Quote from: comethekingdom on September 13, 2011, 09:49:06 PM
Is that Timmy Dowd in the background?

I think so. And the Dub in background is John Caffrey.

Could be mistaken but I think the Dub is John Kearns.

Canalman

Oh, the world and its dog knows that Kerry wil push up for our kickouts. However I guarantee you that the RTE Pundits (howya lads) will have it down as tactical genius on Kerry's part.

liihb

Takes him a f**king LONG time to get there, but he has a point....
http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/sport/2011/0912/1224303944350.html

Anyone who thinks Dublins forwards are up there with Kerry's are a mile wide of the mark
Every time you open your mouth you have this wonderful ability to continually confirm what I think.

screenexile

Quote from: liihb on September 14, 2011, 10:16:04 AM
Takes him a f**king LONG time to get there, but he has a point....
http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/sport/2011/0912/1224303944350.html

Anyone who thinks Dublins forwards are up there with Kerry's are a mile wide of the mark

"pulchritudinous young women"

WTF??!!