Book reviews

Started by Milltown Row2, July 26, 2011, 01:24:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Over the holidays I managed to get through 5 books

Read Christy O Conor's book The Club - great book which had a lot of similarities with my own club

Read the second book from the, Girl with the dragon tattoo trilogy, great book (currently finishing off the third one now)

Read Swimsuit by Patterson, very good serial killer story with a twist.

Read a Tess Gerritsen novel called Harvest very good medical thriller and will be looking into getting some more by her

last one i read was the worst The Halo Effect, serial killer killing prostitutes and a doctor going undercover to find him. very raunchy in places which is difficult while at the pool reading it ;)

Any other good books out there?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

AQMP

Currently reading The Confession by John Grisham.  Will review in the next few days.

Recently read Star of the Sea by Joseph O'Connor.  The first 75-80 pages are hard going and I nearly gave up twice.  But if you stick with it, it is a brilliantly written book.  Ghost Light was dull though.

tbrick18

The First Law trilogy by Joe Abercrombie.
Excellent read....it's a bit Lord of the Rings like, but darker and with more graphic sex and violence.