All-Ireland SFC Quarter Final Mayo v Cork

Started by RedandGreenSniper, July 24, 2011, 04:26:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blowitupref

This will be a lot closer game than most expect, Cork are missing some key players & Mayo off the back of their Connacht success will be in no mood to just make up the numbers.

I think Cork will win a tight game however i have a feeling a lot of the Mayo fans will have a lot of ifs buts & maybes after the game.

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Kerry Mike

QuoteI think Cork will win a tight game

The only tight thing about this game will be the hould Cadigan will have of his opponents geansai (and other things)
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

Kerry Mike

Nicky Murphy at full forward for the langers. Darragh O'Se is out training for a potential return at full back in the semi .
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

spuds

The Cork Senior Football team to play Mayo in Sunday's All-Ireland Football Quarter-Final at 4pm in Croke Park will line out as follows:
                                  1. Alan Quirke
                                      Valley Rovers

2. Eoin Cotter               3. Michael Shields       4. Eoin Cadogan
Douglas                            St. Finbarr's                   Douglas

5. Noel O'Leary             6. John Miskella         7. Paudie Kissane
Cill na Martra                     Ballincollig                Clyda Rovers

8. Alan O'Connor     9. Aidan Walsh
                         St. Colum's             Kanturk

10. Fintan Goold          11. Patrick Kelly       12. Pearse O'Neill
     Macroom                     Ballincollig               Aghada

13. Donncha O'Connor 14. Nicholas Murphy 15. Paul Kerrigan
     Ballydesmond              Carrigaline               Nemo Rangers
"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard

Frank Casey

Not sure if this is it. Not so sure about Nicholas Murphy has ha a long running back problem. Otherwise as expected.
KERRY 3:7

CompulsoryTillager

Quote from: Kerry Mike on July 28, 2011, 09:39:03 PM
Nicky Murphy at full forward for the langers. Darragh O'Se is out training for a potential return at full back in the semi .

Is my memory deceiving me or did he play there in one of the International Rules tests in 2002?

ross4life

Cork are certainly down to the bare bones in the forward division if they have to play Nicholas Murphy in the forward line.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

INDIANA

Quote from: ross4life on July 29, 2011, 12:27:18 AM
Cork are certainly down to the bare bones in the forward division if they have to play Nicholas Murphy in the forward line.

who said he'd play there.

Hint Hint

stevetharlear

Quote from: Kerry Mike on July 28, 2011, 07:27:03 PM
QuoteI think Cork will win a tight game

The only tight thing about this game will be the hould Cadigan will have of his opponents geansai (and other things)
Shur imitation is the best form of flattery. Take a bow Moynihan and Mike Mac.

Chris agus Snoop

Murphy knocked the ball down to colm oNeil to win the penalty against the dubs last year. I think he could do huge damage laying it off to kerrigan running thru, also will take the Mayo focus off Donnacha who's bound to get some special treatment given his form.

ross matt

Genuine best wishes Mayo. Keep the Connacht flame burning. This Mayo side have improved in every match this season and have learnt how to win ugly. They have yet to hit top form. Horan will have them set up in such a way Cork wont just run though them. If Mcgarrity can be sprung early Mayo might sneak this one. They are very composed and organised plus alot physically stronger than people realise. Cork with the recent run of injuries may struggle to get scores.

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Chéad rogha on July 27, 2011, 02:04:20 PM
Taken from Mayo GAA

The Mayo Senior Football team to take on Cork this Sunday in the All-Ireland Senior Football Quarter-Final in Croke Park is as follows:
1) Robert Hennelly - Breaffy
2) Keith Higgins - Ballyhaunis
3) Ger Cafferkey - Ballina Stephenites
4) Tom Cunniffe - Castlebar Mitchels
5) Richie Feeney - Castlebar Mitchels
6) Donal Vaughan - Ballinrobe
7) Trevor Mortimer - Shrule-Glencorrib
8  Aidan O'Shea - Breaffy
9) Seamus O'Shea - Breaffy
10) Kevin McLoughlin - Knockmore
11) Alan Dillon - Ballintubber
12) Andy Moran - Ballaghaderreen
13) Enda Varley - Garrymore
14) Alan Freeman - Aghamore
15) Cillian O'Connor - Ballintubber

16) David Clarke - Ballina Stephenites
17) Alan Feeney - Castlebar Mitchels
18) Dermot Geraghty - Shrule-Glencorrib
19) Chris Barrett - Belmullet
20) Lee Keegan - Westport
21) James Kilcullen - Ballaghaderreen
22) Ronan McGarrity - Ballina Stephenites
23) Peadar Gardiner - Crossmolina
24) Aidan Campbell - Swinford
25) Jason Doherty - Burrishoole
26) Mark Ronaldson - Shrule-Glencorrib

Caff and Varley in from the start. Ronaldo on the bench...

I like that selection; it's the best one Horan can field.
The days of chopping and changing are over and thank God for that.
I think the two changes he has made since the last game are justified and he is fielding the most settled side available to him.
I'd be happier if we had McGar and Conoreen fit and rarin' to go but that's only "If me auntie...." stuff.
Bring on the langers and we'll take our chances! ;D
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

sans pessimism

Murphy's ongoing back problems  is directly related to Dara o Shea's knee problems(if he has knee problems-he should have,he used them often enough!!!!!)
"So Boys stick together
in all kinds of weather"

ross4life

Quote from: INDIANA on July 29, 2011, 01:02:11 AM
Quote from: ross4life on July 29, 2011, 12:27:18 AM

who said he'd play there.

Hint Hint

Maybe but i don't see the point of playing a three man midfield in this game. The Cork heads reckon come throw in Murphy won't start & Fiachra Lynch will instead.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Frank Casey

From today's De Paper

The serious strain that has been put on Cork's attacking resources by a succession of recent injuries has been reflected in the selection of Murphy at full-forward. A recognised midfielder over the last decade, Murphy has endured his own injury travails in recent seasons and has not started a championship game for Cork since the 2009 All-Ireland final defeat to Kerry. His injury struggles have persisted and fitness problems may yet cause the Cork management to reconsider his selection before throw-in against Mayo on Sunday. In that eventuality, Fiachra Lynch would be in pole position for inclusion from the off.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/gaa/murphy-at-full-forward-for-cork-162547.html
KERRY 3:7