All-Ireland SFC Quarter Final Mayo v Cork

Started by RedandGreenSniper, July 24, 2011, 04:26:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayo4Sam

All over for another year, balls, will have to listen to those insufferable c**ts crow on about beating us
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

ross4life

Tyrone v Roscommon
Cork v Mayo

Double header in Croke park next Saturday? we could cheer ye on like we did v Dublin in 2006  ;)
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

joemamas

In Croke Park, they could hold that double header in your back yard. You would not get 10,000 at it.

Cork would be pushed to get 1,000, Mayo maybe 4,000-5,000, Roscommon 1,000 and Tyrone maybe 2,000 as they would hold off for the week after as they would be confident of beating Roscommon.They will have to include Donegal V Kildare and maybe hold off Kerry V Limerick to be a double header with the Dublin game the week after.

Goin Down

I guess we'll have to wait until tomorrow to find out when it'll be?
Remember This.

Rossfan

Quote from: joemamas on July 24, 2011, 07:13:47 PM
In Croke Park, they could hold that double header in your back yard. You would not get 10,000 at it.

Cork would be pushed to get 1,000, Mayo maybe 4,000-5,000, Roscommon 1,000 and Tyrone maybe 2,000 as they would hold off for the week after as they would be confident of beating Roscommon.They will have to include Donegal V Kildare and maybe hold off Kerry V Limerick to be a double header with the Dublin game the week after.

We'd get that to look at the jerseys drying on a clothes line ya b*****x.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

ross4life

Quote from: Rossfan on July 24, 2011, 07:18:13 PM

Time to remind joe, Roscommon are one of the best supported teams in Ireland. 1,000  :D
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Rossfan

We are one of the few Counties who ALWAYS bring support to away League games.
The number of visiting fans in the Hyde for NFL games seldom goes above 30 or 40 , even going back 10+ years when we were in Div 1.
I remember when we bet Tyrone in 2003 they had about 20 fans in the Hyde.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

joemamas

Quote from: ross4life on July 24, 2011, 07:21:22 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on July 24, 2011, 07:18:13 PM

Time to remind joe, Roscommon are one of the best supported teams in Ireland. 1,000  :D

Nothing against Roscommon, maybe they will have a big crowd there, but the overall draw especially for Mayo and Limerick is dishearting to say the least.

Jinxy

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on July 24, 2011, 07:03:30 PM
All over for another year, balls, will have to listen to those insufferable c**ts crow on about beating us

That's the spirit.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

mannix

Quote from: Jinxy on July 24, 2011, 07:31:47 PM

That's the spirit.
You would kind of agree with his view though, cork are huge and fast and can play good football, we struggled against London.  All I would ask is to be competitive and end up not leaking 5 or 6 goals.

Mayo4Sam

I'd say we'll be lucky to stay within 10 points, we don't have the forwards that down have and see what happened to them
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

FL/MAYO

Cork looked very impressive yesterday,I was hoping not to meet them in the quarter final, maybe we can ambush them similar to the way we ambushed Tyrone in the 2004 QF, Cork will be looking ahead after drawing Mayo.

joemamas

Quote from: Jinxy on July 24, 2011, 07:31:47 PM

That's the spirit.

Sad but true,

Mayo fans most likely feel totally deflated after this draw.

Not sure with confidence that I can name 3 Mayo playes are better than their direct markers from Cork.

Blowitupref

Cork will be without one of there best forwards Daniel Goulding plus the other two long term injuries.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

From the Bunker

The worst draw in getting Cork, the best draw to get was Kildare. Limerick was not as good a draw as we would be expected to win. Anyway, we have met Cork more times than i can remember since 1989 and we have been whipped each time. Cork will be happy to have avoided Donegal and the Dubs. Like the 'Down Game' i fear this will end up another training session in Croker for Cork. On a positive note, we will have a fair idea how far we are off the mark that evening.