RIP Amy Winehouse

Started by AbbeySider, July 23, 2011, 10:17:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Forever Green on July 24, 2011, 12:19:58 AM
RIP but i wasn't shocked to hear the news
Don't get me wrong I feel sorry for the girl that no-one could pull her out of the shit she was involved in. It's not that I don't have sympathy for her but it would be minuscule compared to the sympathy I have for the Norwegians who died at the hands of another.

ross4life

Unlike some of the other music stars she wrote a lot of her own songs & TBH i wasn't a fan of her singing style or of the way she decided to live her life.

27 is too young to die may she RIP.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Forever Green

Quote from: Tony Baloney on July 24, 2011, 12:24:03 AM
Don't get me wrong I feel sorry for the girl that no-one could pull her out of the shit she was involved in. It's not that I don't have sympathy for her but it would be minuscule compared to the sympathy I have for the Norwegians who died at the hands of another.

+1. Those would be my thoughts on it as well. Really insignificant considering what is going on in Norway

bridgegael

why would you even start to compare?? 
"2009 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

Tony Baloney

Quote from: boojangles on July 24, 2011, 12:08:26 AM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on July 24, 2011, 12:05:15 AM
Quote from: boojangles on July 24, 2011, 12:02:45 AM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on July 23, 2011, 11:46:14 PM
Save you sympathy for Norway.

I'l save my sympathy for Amy, Norway and even a wee bit for someone as sad as yourself.
Suppose you cried when Diana died too you f**king w**ker.

You've got issues man. You should see somebody about it.
I apologise for the expletives. I forgot you were from Cavan and therefore not in possession of your faculties. Sorry. It's not your fault.

Forever Green

Quote from: bridgegael on July 24, 2011, 12:36:01 AM
why would you even start to compare?? 

Are you trying to say that the death of Amy Winehouse is as bad as almost 100 people being murdered?

bridgegael

eh no!  thats why u wouldnt start to compare.  keep up lad
"2009 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

Minder

I hear Bestie and Hurricane Higgins are delighted there is now a Winehouse in heaven.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Minder on July 24, 2011, 12:54:24 AM
I hear Bestie and Hurricane Higgins are delighted there is now a Winehouse in heaven.
Sick.

laoislad

Quote from: ross4life on July 24, 2011, 12:26:24 AM
Unlike some of the other music stars she wrote a lot of her own songs & TBH i wasn't a fan of her singing style or of the way she decided to live her life.

What does Blowitupref think?
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: laoislad on July 24, 2011, 12:58:09 AM

:D

Blowitupref

Quote from: laoislad on July 24, 2011, 12:58:09 AM

??? have already given my condolences on the death notices thread unlike you.

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

BennyHarp

Quote from: Tony Baloney on July 24, 2011, 12:24:03 AM

I agree!
That was never a square ball!!

mylestheslasher

Real classy tony, I suppose every death must be rated and its significance determined so that the appropriate level of condolences can assigned? Does this also apply to gaa players, your neighbours and your family members etc?

Tony Baloney

Quote from: mylestheslasher on July 24, 2011, 08:56:58 AM
Real classy tony, I suppose every death must be rated and its significance determined so that the appropriate level of condolences can assigned? Does this also apply to gaa players, your neighbours and your family members etc?
Erm how stupid are you exactly? Of course the level of condolence is rated - I personally would think the death of a neighbour or family member more significant than that of Amy Winehouse or any other celebrity. If you don't then I feel sorry for you.