Donegal jerseys

Started by Paddy Wan Kenobi, July 18, 2011, 03:28:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canalman

May be mistaken, but I seem  also to remember Fermanagh playing in green and red as opposed to their Limerick type current jersey.

Roscommon, I think used to wear a Tipperary style jersey also.

AZOffaly

Quote from: Canalman on July 18, 2011, 05:50:57 PM
May be mistaken, but I seem  also to remember Fermanagh playing in green and red as opposed to their Limerick type current jersey.

Thank You!!!! I said that before and was shot down! (re Ferm)

Hardy

Fermanagh - yes. Roscommon - don't think so.

I'm sure Donegal wore the green with gold hoop in the sixties/seventies.

AQMP

Fermanagh did indeed wear a green shirt with red trim (with red shorts) from about 1977 to 1985.  They wore this in the 1982 Ulster final

Onlooker

Quote from: Hardy on July 18, 2011, 06:07:07 PM

Fermanagh - yes. Roscommon - don't think so.

I'm sure Donegal wore the green with gold hoop in the sixties/seventies.
Roscommon wore Tipperary style jerseys in an All Ireland Semi Final against Armagh in either 1977 or1980.  There was some action from this game shown when the Dermot Earley died last year.  Apart from that, I am sure that Roscommon always their present colours as you will see from any photos of the great All Ireland winning teams of the 1940's.

CompulsoryTillager

Roscommon did wear blue with a gold hoop but when they reached the 1943 All-Ireland final against Cavan but due to the colour clash they had to change, Central Council presenting them with what would become known as the primrose and blue, which was retained after that win, with the old-style jerseys retained as their alternatives

Bogball XV

Quote from: AQMP on July 18, 2011, 07:15:45 PM
Fermanagh did indeed wear a green shirt with red trim (with red shorts) from about 1977 to 1985.  They wore this in the 1982 Ulster final
Did they not used to have a red hoop in there too for a while?  Did they also wear red with green trimmings around the late 80's?