Hardcore Puke Football

Started by squire_in_navy_slacks, July 17, 2011, 05:47:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

squire_in_navy_slacks

Fair play to donegal winning ulster today, jesus though thats a new dimension to puke football, shocking stuff, aussie rules mixed with rugby, terrible stuff

CC1

Scared are we?! ;D

What's wrong with it? It is good hard defending and counter attacking football at it's best. If a team are good enough to beat Donegal's style of play it would make a great game.  Good tactics have as much of a place in GAA as "attractive" football.
"Hey, don't worry; don't be afraid, ever, because this is just a ride."

squire_in_navy_slacks

More scared of Kildare to be honest, unreal........................................... :-*

full moon

Thats the second time I had to watch that tripe they call football in Donegal in the championship this year. Fair play they won, but its so bad too watch.

Anyway they didnt even need to do it, they are a better team than the Derry 15 that lined out today.

skeog

macdanger2

I'm sure Donegal will really take these comments to heart as they celebrate their first Ulster title in 19 years..........  ::) ::) ::)

put-it-up-again

Lad's calling it puke football is ignorant and lazy.

They won Ulster. I can only imagine the amount of work that went in to perfecting that system. I would love to see the amount of ground that Bradley and Lacey for example cover in a game. The athleticism, work-rate and belief in the system that McGuiness has put in place has to be applauded because what they are doing doesn't just happen.

They have achieved nothing for 19 years and it's clear these boys talked and decided they were going to up their game this year and give it their all.

Will teams try to copy this system now? What I am looking forward to seeing is a team devising a plan to beat it.

I say well done Donegal.

nobackdoor

Donegal's game will be exposed by Cork or Kerry in Croke Park
The backdoor has ruined it

Orangemac

Quote from: nobackdoor on July 17, 2011, 10:26:19 PM
Probably but so will most teams. If Donegal had been offered Div 2 and Ulster titles in January they would have been very happy.

nobackdoor

Quote from: Orangemac on July 17, 2011, 10:31:00 PM
Quote from: nobackdoor on July 17, 2011, 10:26:19 PM
Probably but so will most teams. If Donegal had been offered Div 2 and Ulster titles in January they would have been very happy.

Donegal took some nice scores today, but I thought Derry were beyond bad. Well done to Donegal on their provincial success, but I do fell there limited game plan will be exposed by a team possessing calibre players like the aforementioned teams.
The backdoor has ruined it

ONeill

You just get the impression that with the quality of Murphy, McBrearty, McFadden, Lacey, Hegarty et al, Donegal have the quality to go toe-to-toe with teams and come out healthy winners.

I suppose they have in the current system anyway so well done McGuinness.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

rolloutking

QuoteThats the second time I had to watch that tripe they call football in Donegal in the championship this year. Fair play they won, but its so bad too watch.

Anyway they didnt even need to do it, they are a better team than the Derry 15 that lined out today.

Who forced you to watch it?

Naomh Pol CLG

Rich coming from a Dublin fan !! The Dubs are all out trying to perfect the blanket defence, they just aren't very good at it!

thejuice

Well I must admit I never walked off a field wondering if the punters were entertained.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

RadioGAAGAA

Can't disagree that it was hard watching. Puke football is a good description of it.

Not that the players/management care... nor should they.
i usse an speelchekor