Great weekend for GAA - S**t Headlines

Started by Orangemac, June 27, 2011, 11:13:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orangemac

This weekend saw the season really come to life with some great action form the various games, if the overall quality wasn't brilliant.

Amongst the headlines should have been

* Kavanaghs volley v Cavan
* Thompsons block on O'Neill
* Callaghans brilliant goal v Dublin
* Cian Wards 4 goals v Louth
* Lavery brilliant clearance to deny Clare
* Londons historic win

Instead the headlines are about a poor refereeing decision and a referee getting knocked out in a club game in Tyrone.

How do the GAA go about selling the good things better to the masses?

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

Jinxy

Quote from: Orangemac on June 27, 2011, 11:13:40 PM
This weekend saw the season really come to life with some great action form the various games, if the overall quality wasn't brilliant.

Amongst the headlines should have been

* Kavanaghs volley v Cavan
* Thompsons block on O'Neill
* Callaghans brilliant goal v Dublin
* Cian Wards 4 goals v Louth
* Lavery brilliant clearance to deny Clare
* Londons historic win

Instead the headlines are about a poor refereeing decision and a referee getting knocked out in a club game in Tyrone.

How do the GAA go about selling the good things better to the masses?

I already started a thread about this.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

squire_in_navy_slacks

What about mcstays orgasming on air when kildare scored.................... or the 'Ah no!!' Ah no!!!!! when the free was awarded

Up yer hole McStay.

Lone Shark

Quote from: squire_in_navy_slacks on June 28, 2011, 01:05:44 AM
What about mcstays orgasming on air when kildare scored.................... or the 'Ah no!!' Ah no!!!!! when the free was awarded

Up yer hole McStay.

Neutrals like close finishes, and neutrals like to say games decided by players, not refs. He was only echoing the thoughts of the nation there, don't go hanging him as anti-Dub on account of that.

crossfire

Quote from: Lone Shark on June 28, 2011, 02:19:06 AM

Up yer hole McStay.

Neutrals like close finishes, and neutrals like to say games decided by players, not refs. He was only echoing the thoughts of the nation there, don't go hanging him as anti-Dub on account of that.

Correct.

Hardy

Denn Forever

He may have said the same if Kildare had gotten a free like that to win the game?

I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

squire_in_navy_slacks

Quote from: Lone Shark on June 28, 2011, 02:19:06 AM

Up yer hole McStay.

THATS A JOKE RIGHT????? i recorded the game and watched it back later, morrisey and mc stay as supposed neutral broadcasters were a disgrace

squire_in_navy_slacks

Brain off the year brady crying and cribbing on newstalk about cluxton taking the 45's...................................................hes a tool of the highest order that man,.........................................I wonder who took mayos before our game

BennyHarp

Are you seriously suggesting that there is a bias in the media AGAINST Dublin? Or do you reckon these two have a secret agenda - I think Marty Morrissey and Kevin McStay are secretly working to try and bring down the GAA in Dublin. Or maybe, just maybe, im over re-acting and McStay got a little bit caught up in the moment!
That was never a square ball!!

Fuzzman

I didn't see the Mcstay incident but I had to laugh at the end of the Donegal game where they show wee sketches of the main incidents during the match
Right at the end they have McHugh & Jarlath jumping up screaming with delight at the goal Donegal got to finally put an end to this great Tyrone team.

I must take a photo of it and stick it on here as its a classic. Can't believe they showed it though. Fair play lads.

Bernard Flynn is another one that is so unbelievably biased. I can't listen to him any more.

muppet

Quote from: BennyHarp on June 28, 2011, 11:42:34 AM
Are you seriously suggesting that there is a bias in the media AGAINST Dublin? Or do you reckon these two have a secret agenda - I think Marty Morrissey and Kevin McStay are secretly working to try and bring down the GAA in Dublin. Or maybe, just maybe, im over re-acting and McStay got a little bit caught up in the moment!

It was a good comeback by Kildare to give an exciting finish and they got a biteen excited. So what, isn't that what they are supposed to do?
MWWSI 2017

Rossfan

Was a pleasant surprise to hear McStay and Morrissey not being their usual pro Dub selves on Sunday. ;)
I suppose we have Cormac Reilly to thank for that anyway as they were moaning about the number of handy frees he was giving  , esp to Dublin from the early minutes.
As for headlines ... it's one of the standard rules of media ... "Always find the negative about things GAA" . It's to balance the Always be positive about rugby syndrome ... ::) ::) ::)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

ExcellentDriver

Diamond performance by London.

Fermanagh, they're having a Giraffe.  ;)
Stand up for the Ulstermen!