It Must be Marching Season

Started by Nally Stand, June 27, 2011, 11:27:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

p3427977

More information on RTE
QuoteShe said she believed it could be detrimental to the Parades Commission and the Orange Order if the case were to proceed today in the absence of all the relevant information.

David McKeown

I think I said earlier in the week this was one week I'd be happy not to be dealing with an Emergency Judicial review.

My view on the determination remains that I think on the basis of the information that was available at the time that a challenge would likely be unsuccessful due to the public law issues involved. Primarily the margin of appreciation afforded to specialist tribunals and the intensity of review permissible in cases involving qualified rights.

That said the newspaper reporting to date has made me much less confident for a number of reasons some of which I wouldn't put on a public forum.

So I continue to hope I am wrong.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

AustinPowers

The decision on this  (and the Israel match) should have been made  weeks ago.

marty34

I'd like to see the psni assessment of the situation.

What did they say to the Parades Commission?

p3427977

Quote from: David McKeown on September 26, 2026, 04:50:30 PMI think I said earlier in the week this was one week I'd be happy not to be dealing with an Emergency Judicial review.

My view on the determination remains that I think on the basis of the information that was available at the time that a challenge would likely be unsuccessful due to the public law issues involved. Primarily the margin of appreciation afforded to specialist tribunals and the intensity of review permissible in cases involving qualified rights.

That said the newspaper reporting to date has made me much less confident for a number of reasons some of which I wouldn't put on a public forum.

So I continue to hope I am wrong.
Ah go on.

trileacman

Quote from: p3427977 on September 26, 2026, 04:58:27 PM
Quote from: David McKeown on September 26, 2026, 04:50:30 PMI think I said earlier in the week this was one week I'd be happy not to be dealing with an Emergency Judicial review.

My view on the determination remains that I think on the basis of the information that was available at the time that a challenge would likely be unsuccessful due to the public law issues involved. Primarily the margin of appreciation afforded to specialist tribunals and the intensity of review permissible in cases involving qualified rights.

That said the newspaper reporting to date has made me much less confident for a number of reasons some of which I wouldn't put on a public forum.

So I continue to hope I am wrong.
Ah go on.

Obviously there's something about the legal personnel involved that has to be kept hushed up.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

RedHand88

This will be the Franz Ferdinand that starts WW3.

p3427977

#1402
QuotePortadown Orangemen are to be asked whether they are prepared to temporarily postpone their parade tomorrow as a last ditch legal challenge continues in a Belfast court.
That reads to me that it's going to get blocked if they say no. If they say yes there's a chance it could get blocked with new evidence.

p3427977

Is anyone prepared to be shocked. The OO have said


NO

tonto1888

Injuncted. If that's the right word




Rossfan

2026 the year of the 9 Cups