GAA Jerseys

Started by sammymaguire, June 13, 2011, 06:06:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sammymaguire

I was pleased to see that O'Neills are opting to go back to basics with their Limerick jersey - that's the way it should be, away with all these stripes/patterns etc

Anyone got any favourites or on the other hand, hideous mishaps they may have bought and worn?
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

mountainboii

deiseach

Yeah, the Limerick jersey looked great. Although they still have those Wicked Witch of the West socks which seem to be all the rage these days

Maguire01

Agreed with the Limerick Jersey - similar to the Fermanagh one - nice and simple. I think overall it has improved in the last 5 - 6 years, but there is still some way to go with a lot of them.

deiseach

Quote from: Maguire01 on June 13, 2011, 06:53:36 PM
Agreed with the Limerick Jersey - similar to the Fermanagh one - nice and simple. I think overall it has improved in the last 5 - 6 years, but there is still some way to go with a lot of them.

The problem is these things come in cycles. In a couple of years time Limerick will have to have a new jersey and they can hardly go for a simple one, can they? No one is going to buy it if it looks exactly like the old one

Jinxy

The greatest jersey of all time.

If you were any use you'd be playing.

DB_An_Mhi

Pinstripe squares shouldn't really work, but the rest is so understated it just did. The right shade of green and fondly remembered from our glory days.

Beats the all red outfits of "De La Salle" with half the letters worn off!

sammymaguire

DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

turkey+ham

Simple - Down 1991

Jinxy

The 2nd greatest jersey of all time.

If you were any use you'd be playing.

DB_An_Mhi

* Cough Cough * and we darn't pry into your pop music career with those other two bucks! ;D

Hardy

I don't care much about jerseys, but I'd like to see one of the 1949 ones with the laces.

Orior

Q. How do you make a bull sweat?

A. Give him a tight jersey
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

muppet

Quote from: Hardy on June 13, 2011, 09:37:59 PM
I don't care much about jerseys, but I'd like to see one of the 1949 ones with the laces.

As a Meathman it must be difficult to admit your interest in lace. Bravo.
MWWSI 2017

deiseach

It'd be remiss not to mention Pride in the Jersey at this point