3 (1.5%)
Norris, David
7 (3.4%)
Scallon, Dana Rosemary
7 (3.4%)

Total Members Voted: 206

ross matt

Quote from: sheamy on September 16, 2011, 02:52:58 PM
Harris is a complete farce of a man (no news there I know).

I heard him on 'last word' with Matt Cooper last night defending Norris. The man just talks (shouts actually) shite and noone ever challenges him. He said Norris stepped down because there was a media witchhunt. Rubbish. He stepped down cause his campaign team pulled out because he wouldn't level with them over skeletons in the cupboard. I wonder if the same campaign team are back now??

He also said (in an attempt to exonerate Norris) that he strongly believed that every political incident has a shelf life, after which people should just forget about it. What a load of tripe that is. I can only assume he is consistent and will apply that logic to the rest of the field of candidates.

People like Harris rely on buster alone to sway people (usually some auld fellas eating fish in fancy joints down in Baltimore with RNLI jackets on). Usually some pseudo intellectual bullshit about aristotle thrown in. People are born bad Eoghan tells us after reading some greek book. He is contrary for the sake of it and noone in the media has the balls to ever challenge him on what he says. That might be because he's as much a joke figure as anything else. He's like the auld boy down the pub who just rants and people love to listen to.

True Sheamy but sadly in the past at least his influence was powerful .... remember his "shout down any contrary opinions" backing of Bertie on TV a  few years back?

Denn Forever

I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Feckitt

Next Irish President
Thursday 27th October 2011, 08:00
Next Irish President    Hide
Michael D.Higgins    4/6
Gay Mitchell    3/1
Martin McGuinness    6/1
David Norris    10/1
Mary Davis    12/1
Sean Gallagher    16/1
Labhras O Murchu    40/1

Marty & Michelle Gildernew were both 18/1 yesterday.  Now that it seems certain he's running he's right down to 6/1.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Denn Forever on September 16, 2011, 05:11:13 PM
Now the race gets interesting.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2011/0916/president.html

O he wants to become the Supreme Commander of these guys

Proudly defending Ireland against these guys for nearly 90 years

Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Shamrock Shore

So Mr. McGuinness. Do you think your experience as a former commander in chief of Óglaigh na hÉireann will help you if you become commander in chief of Óglaigh na hÉireann.

*dives for cover*

glens abu

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on September 16, 2011, 05:38:05 PM
So Mr. McGuinness. Do you think your experience as a former commander in chief of Óglaigh na hÉireann will help you if you become commander in chief of Óglaigh na hÉireann.

*dives for cover*

might be a step down for him but he will cope

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

*dives for cover*

Thats exactly what I thought, I was rubbing my hands, it will be like watching a snake get kicked in a sack made of its own skin in the media. This is going to be fun, can't wait.

Huge error by S.F.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Nally Stand

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on September 16, 2011, 05:47:43 PM

*dives for cover*

Thats exactly what I thought, I was rubbing my hands, it will be like watching a snake get kicked in a sack made of its own skin in the media. This is going to be fun, can't wait.

Huge error by S.F.

So the "mature" and "moving forward" crowd in the 26 counties like yourself will once again insist on living in the past where SF are concerned then? *cough*HYPOCRITES*cough*

Marty for President!

Tiocfaidh Ár Lá!
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Nally Stand

Huge error by S.F.

I remember a few of the political whizzkids over on p.ie a while back said the same about Gerry standing in Louth. Then he topped the poll.
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

deiseach

Huge error by S.F.

So how do you see this 'error' playing out? Martin admitting in a debate that he executed Jean McConville himself?

deiseach

Quote from: Nally Stand on September 16, 2011, 06:56:02 PM
So the "mature" and "moving forward" crowd in the 26 counties like yourself will once again insist on living in the past where SF are concerned then? *cough*HYPOCRITES*cough*

Marty for President!

Tiocfaidh Ár Lá!

So to prove I don't live in the past, I have to vote SF?

Trout

I don't think Marty will give an inch in this race.

Or a bullet.

Just watch he doesent try to have yis run from London.
Sinn Fein delivers -

British rule

Cde

No you don't have to vote for Martin Mc Guinness but you can show him the same courtesy as was shown to Dev and Nelson Mandella who were both called terrorists. Mc Guinness, like these men, fought for human rights when necessary and when this was achieved, he then turned to peaceful politics. Mc Guinness has shown in the north that he is capable to lead in peaceful times and I am sure given the opportunity would prove to be a very good president.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: deiseach on September 16, 2011, 07:14:06 PM

Huge error by S.F.

So how do you see this 'error' playing out? Martin admitting in a debate that he executed Jean McConville himself?

Do you actually believe mcguinness executed her?

I think he will do well.

Mayo - wud you ever grow up a bit and stop being such a teenager

deiseach

Quote from: mylestheslasher on September 16, 2011, 07:30:54 PM
Do you actually believe mcguinness executed her?

I think he will do well.

My point is that MGHU must have some scenario in his mind where McGuinness puts his foot in it. I think that my McConville scenario would fit the bill, but even if he did it (doubtful) he's not likely to admit as much, is he? The Gay Byrne notion that they'd love to interview the Shinners so they could expose them has proven to be utter tosh