Pre Championship challenges

Started by DuffleKing, May 13, 2011, 09:31:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DuffleKing

In previous years we've had a very useful thread covering updates on championship preparations through challenge games. Often difficult to get updates on these games so gaaboard's insiders usually come into their own!

PAULD123

Duffleking, can you start us off with your own? I believe Armagh played Kildare this week.

Ulick

3.14 - 0.10 in favour of Kildare.

oakleafgael

Derry where beat by Sligo at Ballinascreen's pitch opening 3 weeks ago and followed it up with a defeat to Wicklow last weekend during their training trip where they all behaved impeccably. Who ever wins between Derry and Fermanagh will be cannon fodder for the winners of Down & Armagh.

passedit

Quote from: oakleafgael on May 13, 2011, 01:41:05 PM
Derry where beat by Sligo at Ballinascreen's pitch opening 3 weeks ago and followed it up with a defeat to Wicklow last weekend during their training trip where they all behaved impeccably. Who ever wins between Derry and Fermanagh will be cannon fodder for the winners of Down & Armagh.

Heard that OLG, of the most impeccably behaved who were the best men (and the Ushers)?
Don't Panic

Heshs Umpire

Cork beat Laois by something like 1-12 to 0-10 on Tuesday night
Well I could keep it above
But then it wouldn't be sky anymore

Kerry Mike

There was rumours of a bit of skelping in a behind closed doors game in Killarney recently, the Summer is here at last  ;)
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

Donnellys Hollow

Kildare beat Tipperary 2-12 to 0-11 on Wednesday night and beat Armagh 3-14 to 0-10 last night.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Shamrock Shore

Longford recently beat Cavan and Meath in challenge matches.

Dunno if there is one scheduled before we hit Portlaoise on Sunday week.

ross4life

Leitrim are shaping up well in challenge games (wins over Carlow,Clare & a draw with Cavan) Sligonian must be slightly worried?
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Tubberman

Mayo gave Antrim a heavy beating in Kiltimagh a couple of weeks ago.
Playing Offaly in Ballintubber tomorrow.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

AQMP

Quote from: Tubberman on May 13, 2011, 05:34:16 PM
Mayo gave Antrim a heavy beating in Kiltimagh a couple of weeks ago.
Playing Offaly in Ballintubber tomorrow.

Something like 3-10 to 0-11

mylestheslasher

Down bet Cavan by 3 in killeshandra a few weeks back. 4 13 to 4 10 I think.

thejuice

I think there was one against Armagh, we probably lost.

Monaghan beat Meath a few weeks ago. 3-09 2-07

Longford beat us (Longford 2-13 Meath 2-12)

We have games coming up against Westmeath and one rumored against Leitrim but I don't have any details about them.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Jinxy

If I hear we're due to lose to anyone over the next couple of weeks I'll let ye know.
If you were any use you'd be playing.